Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Does anyone else sew barefoot? >
  • Does anyone else sew barefoot?

• Does anyone else sew barefoot?

Old 06-01-2010, 02:49 AM

barefoot, except if it's cold in the house & then socks
    Old 06-01-2010, 03:33 AM

Funny to wear shoes I think, barefoot/socks is just easier.
    Old 06-01-2010, 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by quiltin mimi
    This is so enlightening to me! I thought I was the only one who never wore shoes! I love the feel of clean, bare floors on my feet (and they don't stay clean if you wear shoes in the house). I seem to have a better "feel" for my pedal if I am barefoot (or in the winter, sockfoot). Quilters seem to have quite a few little things like this in common. No wonder we instantly bond in the fabric department!
    Me too. No shoes indoors, no socks either. In the summer I like the feel of cool clean bare floors. I wish we didn't have any carpet except for the bedrooms. In winter we have heated floors so I'm barefoot then too. If I step on something that hurts, it's usually the farmer's fault (DH's shoes can hold small rocks, I swear). Most of the time he likes his shoes off, but during the spring and fall seasons (which I call the "hurry, rush and fixit seasons) he seldom has time for taking off work shoes and put them back on. Nevertheless, I howl loud and clear when I step on something he's tracked in.
    Old 06-01-2010, 04:07 AM

Summer, Winter anytime--no shoes in the house. I guess my feet are claustrophobic!!
    Old 06-01-2010, 04:42 AM

"Sole" sister!

Originally Posted by Melody
    Originally Posted by quiltin mimi
    This is so enlightening to me! I thought I was the only one who never wore shoes! I love the feel of clean, bare floors on my feet (and they don't stay clean if you wear shoes in the house). I seem to have a better "feel" for my pedal if I am barefoot (or in the winter, sockfoot). Quilters seem to have quite a few little things like this in common. No wonder we instantly bond in the fabric department!
    Me too. No shoes indoors, no socks either. In the summer I like the feel of cool clean bare floors. I wish we didn't have any carpet except for the bedrooms. In winter we have heated floors so I'm barefoot then too. If I step on something that hurts, it's usually the farmer's fault (DH's shoes can hold small rocks, I swear). Most of the time he likes his shoes off, but during the spring and fall seasons (which I call the "hurry, rush and fixit seasons) he seldom has time for taking off work shoes and put them back on. Nevertheless, I howl loud and clear when I step on something he's tracked in.
    Old 06-01-2010, 04:58 AM

I wear shoes most of the time. Just comfortable for me. If I don't have my shoes on I'm feeling sick or am very tired. I don't know when things changed cause as a kid I went barefoot lots. Funny thing is though, I can pick almost anything off the floor with my toes if I'm barefoot. I hate to bend over! Ha ha :)
    Old 06-01-2010, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by Quilting D
    I wear shoes most of the time. Just comfortable for me. If I don't have my shoes on I'm feeling sick or am very tired. I don't know when things changed cause as a kid I went barefoot lots. Funny thing is though, I can pick almost anything off the floor with my toes if I'm barefoot. I hate to bend over! Ha ha :)
    Really?! My grandkids think I'm unusual because I mop the bathroom floor with a thick rag and a bare foot. I mop the diningroom like that too. DH has always laughed at me when I pick up things with my toes. :mrgreen:
    Old 06-01-2010, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by Melody
    Originally Posted by Quilting D
    Really?! My grandkids think I'm unusual because I mop the bathroom floor with a thick rag and a bare foot. I mop the diningroom like that too. DH has always laughed at me when I pick up things with my toes. :mrgreen:
    My daddy said we all had trained toes.
    Old 06-01-2010, 06:11 AM

Trained toes... hahaha I like that.
    Old 06-01-2010, 06:15 AM

I sew barefoot and never wear shoes in the house. I also have to wear shoes when at a quilting class. I don't like my feet in prison (shoes)