Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Does Anyone Own A Brother SE-400 Computerized Sewing and Embroidery Machine >
  • Does Anyone Own A Brother SE-400 Computerized Sewing and Embroidery Machine

• Does Anyone Own A Brother SE-400 Computerized Sewing and Embroidery Machine

Old 05-12-2011, 06:11 AM

I am looking at this sewing machine and was wondering if someone who owns one can tell me how they like it and if they use it to make quilts with. I thinking about buying one.

Thanks,

Mary (stitchengramie)
    Old 05-12-2011, 06:27 AM

I have one and yes I quilt with it. I love it........Michele
    Old 05-12-2011, 06:31 AM

I own this machine and yes, I do use it for quilting. That is the reason I bought it. There are a lot of Embroidery designs you can download from many different web sites to use. I am doing a quilt right now using the machine.
    Old 05-12-2011, 07:23 AM

I have the next smaller, the 350, I love it and yes i use it for quilting also, my only complaint is sometimes I wish I could embroidery larger designs, mine only does a 4" hoop, but even tho I can only do small designs, I use the embroider feature ALOT
    Old 05-12-2011, 04:52 PM

I have 3 Brother emb/sewing machines...had them for yrs...the best advice I can give you is to make sure u buy a machine from a dealer that sells that brand...I teach sewing and that model is not made to last a long time...its a special madepromotional mach...I ve seen a lot of tears cried over the 350 and its the same as the 400 except the 400 has USB port
    Originally Posted by stitchengramie
    I am looking at this sewing machine and was wondering if someone who owns one can tell me how they like it and if they use it to make quilts with. I thinking about buying one.

Thanks,

Mary (stitchengramie)
    Old 05-12-2011, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Buzzy Bee
    I have 3 Brother emb/sewing machines...had them for yrs...the best advice I can give you is to make sure u buy a machine from a dealer that sells that brand...I teach sewing and that model is not made to last a long time...its a special madepromotional mach...I ve seen a lot of tears cried over the 350 and its the same as the 400 except the 400 has USB port

Thanks,

Mary (stitchengramie)
    lol no tears yet some frustration when I couldn't figure out the tension problem, but in four years it just went to the shop for the first time. I don't use it heavy duty but last year I did make 150 Patches for a baby benefit, it did get very tired and I would have to let it "rest" but it did a good job. I'm saving for a bigger machine someday
    Old 05-12-2011, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Buzzy Bee

Thanks,

Mary (stitchengramie)
    What brand of sewing and embroidery machine would you suggest? I have been looking at several brands. I mainly what it for making quilts with and I what it to last.
    Old 05-12-2011, 06:05 PM

I have the machine and only use it for the embrodery...I have a janome for quilting and sewing. But from what I have used and read reviews its awesome. I really like it. Smooth and easy to use!! Hope that helps!