Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Does anyone own a Husqvarna? >
  • Does anyone own a Husqvarna?

• Does anyone own a Husqvarna?

Old 03-07-2010, 12:59 AM

OK, went for my test drive today!! DH went with me, he didn't react as badly as I thought!! He's still alive! Saw the Diamond and the SE. The Diamond is sweet, but at this time just can't justify the $$$. SE Limited Edition very nice. Saw 2 Janome, MC11000 and the 6600. Both extremely nice! DH was ready to buy the SE. Then when we went to Janome and saw the 6600 he really like the construction of it. DH asked me, how much embroidery will I actually do? I'm not sure, maybe its something I'd play with, but I do do most of my stuff by hand (applique & quilting) so is it worth the extra $3-4,000 that I don't know how much I would use it? Then on the other hand I probably could pick-up a stand alone embroidery for a lot less than the $3-4,000. So confused!!!! :lol: :lol:
    Old 03-07-2010, 01:29 AM

If you are looking for a new machine look at the Pfaff...the dual feed just makes everything so much easier and more accurate and it means you have a built in walking foot - they are a little more expensive but once you try one you will never go back. I had a Janome for years and then a Husqvarna....but the Pfaff is just amazing.
    Old 03-07-2010, 06:52 PM

I have two Husqvarnas ...one i`ve had for about 35 years it`s a 2000 SL.......which i still love, then the other i bought second hand it`s the 1100...with embroidery cards etc....i love both ....thy are work horses lol I would never trade them in....
    Old 03-08-2010, 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by bitty39
    If you are looking for a new machine look at the Pfaff...the dual feed just makes everything so much easier and more accurate and it means you have a built in walking foot - they are a little more expensive but once you try one you will never go back. I had a Janome for years and then a Husqvarna....but the Pfaff is just amazing.
    Spoke with a dealer yesterday on the Pfaff's. I'll definitely be checking them out. I also saw a couple of Brother's that were interesting. I just figure I might as well as to my confusion!!! :lol:
    Old 03-08-2010, 04:58 AM

Thought you might like to know that Viking bought both Singer and Pfaff a couple of years ago....they carry both Singer and Pfaff embroidery designs on their website, along with the Husqvarna Viking embroidery designs. Jinnie
    Old 03-08-2010, 07:56 AM

Thanks, good info!!!
    Old 03-10-2010, 12:42 AM

I own the same model machine and would love a new one but would definately keep the 6440, such a workhorse!
    Originally Posted by hapytlk
    BTW...I tried to buy another 6440 for my daughter. It was such an amazing model that it has held it's value and the dealer said IF he could find someone to part with theirs..they were selling for $800!! this is a machine I got in 1977!!
    Old 11-19-2016, 07:43 PM

I have a Designer SE. Has anyone ever done edge to edge quilting and what is the largest size hoop you can purchase? Thanks
    Old 11-20-2016, 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by flybreit
    Didn't used to understand why people had so many sewing machines....but now I'd also like to have my late mother in law's white Featherweight too. And I have my grandmother's treadle machine....can we have too many?
    No. LOL

Among my not intended collection of modern machines I now own 3 H Viking machines and truly like them all

* Emerald 183,

* T50 w the embroidery software package and the

* Sapphire 960Q

Had only sewn happily on a Singer. My sister allowed me to use her Diamond at a sewing retreat about 9 years ago
    I was in awe-everything about the machine was amazing!!!

A girl can get used to sewing on top of the line machines 😎
    Old 11-20-2016, 05:25 AM

I had a Husqvarna Designer1 for 16 years and the only reason I traded it in was they gave me a great price as trade-in and I didn't have any room to keep it. Already have one machine on the cutting table. Now I have a new Husqvarna and getting used to it slowly. 1st time using a walking foot and I think I like it. Haven't taken it off since I put it on. I got the walking foot with changeable feet so using the 1/4" with a side guard to keep me flush with the edge.

Still miss my old reliable Designer 1 though.