• Does anyone >
  • Does anyone

• Does anyone

Old 10-16-2009, 10:13 AM
    Power Poster

My clothes don't fit the day after glutton-day. :lol: :oops:
    Old 10-16-2009, 01:58 PM
    Banned

I love Black Friday, its a tradition around here for us to spend the day shopping with with a couple of our close friends. I will get up and go with my buddies and start in the Best Buys parking lot at 3 in the morning ready to hit the sales. We usually make a day out of it planning the routes and what we are after, then we come home and pick up our wives go to breakfast and do it some more.

By lunchtime we go and tank up on Long Island Teas, have a nice lunch and tote the packages for the wives for the rest of the afternoon. After a hard days shopping we will usually end up back at my house eat left overs and hop in the hot tub.

Billy

Old 10-16-2009, 02:06 PM

With 5 kids in the house I couldn't afford not to do Black Friday shopping. We are now a well oiled machine. My kids know their wish list is due by Thanksgiving. We comb through the ads and find our must haves and plot our route. We carry walkie-talkies and my H gets in line as soon as we get there. My Best friend and I split up and get whats on our side of the store. My H raidios when he is a couple people away from the register. Sounds kind of crazy but it allows me to get much nicer gifts than I would normally be able to get.
    Old 10-17-2009, 06:42 AM

We have hosted thanksgiving dinner for 12-15 years, so usually am too tired! Have lots of chairs and furniture to move. But until 2 years ago, always had to work that Friday. A couple years ago, mgmt decided to give us an extra permament holiday. But I don't like crowds and don't have kids. Like a previous poster, DH & I have gone out in the pm and found a couple things that I really wanted and the big crazy crowds were gone.
    Old 10-17-2009, 08:10 AM

Sewjoy I was at a Joann's in the Seattle area couple years ago (I was on a business trip and had time in the afternoon to shop) and encountered couple interesting clerks who weren't getting along and they didn't care if the customers knew it. They acted like spoiled little girls and these gals must have been in late 20's. I mentioned that to the 3rd clerk and she said the manager was out and not there to "keep the girls in line". Now how unprofessional is that? Espeically since jobs are hard to find. I got my little fat-quarters and never went back to that store. The Spokane Joann's always have really nice clerks and even hire young men.
    Old 10-17-2009, 09:07 AM
    Power Poster

I have in many years past gone out on black friday's. It is the most fun when you go with a buddy. :D It is like someone said, a mass of people and some of them mean! I once had a woman hit me with a shopping cart and not even say sorry! Ouch!!!

I used to check the sale papers and plan out my shopping route. (The early morning before daybreak hours are cold and it is not fun to experiance.) The best deals was the first stop and so on. But, I have bought some big ticket items for a fraction of the original cost. It is addicting. When you want to stick to your budget, it makes up for the work it takes to get it all finished in one day. Usually by eleven o clock and just in time for a nice lunch and to rest your tired feet. LOL!

Now, All that being said... Guess what.... They have black friday on line too. The major stores like macy's, J.C. Pennys, and Sears all have sales on line on black friday. And most of the time free shipping to sweeten to deal.

I have a friend who buys on sale all during the year. She has a large family and she wraps it and stores it until she puts up her tree. Smarty pants. She really is ahead of the game doing it that way. She just fills in what is missing with the sales. Kind of clever, the frenzy and panic is eliminated.
    Old 10-17-2009, 09:35 AM

Yes, I have shopped the last two years at Joann's on Black Friday. Take your coupons with you. There has been a coupon for 10% off your total purchases those years. So I purchased fabric at 30-50% off plus the coupon. Made so great PJ bottoms out of fleece for the whole family. Purchased some other fabric for quilts to be made. So I felt like I really accomplished something. Yes it is crowded. It is Black Friday. Take your two patient pills and deal with it.

Katrina
    Old 10-17-2009, 06:50 PM

You can find the same deals online and you can avoid the crowds. Start you online shopping early though. I've stayed up on Thursday evening so that I can begin my shopping at midnight.
    Old 10-17-2009, 07:31 PM

Joann's and Hancock's have awesome sales on those days. I have seen women buying the whole bolt of Warm and Natural at 60% off. It is a good time to add flannels to your stash for quick gifts such as receiving blankets.

Need a nice gingher scissors? Buy it that day...great sales.

I try to get there before 7 as the stores are jammed and you will be waiting in line for getting fabric cut. Some women have 2 carts full!

Sure glad I have a wonderful DH who drops me off at the door and waits for me to shop. :mrgreen:
    Old 10-17-2009, 07:31 PM

Joann's and Hancock's have awesome sales on those days. I have seen women buying the whole bolt of Warm and Natural at 60% off. It is a good time to add flannels to your stash for quick gifts such as receiving blankets.

Need a nice gingher scissors? Buy it that day...great sales.

I try to get there before 7 as the stores are jammed and you will be waiting in line for getting fabric cut. Some women have 2 carts full!

Sure glad I have a wonderful DH who drops me off at the door and waits for me to shop. :mrgreen: