Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Does your hubby also sew or quilt? >
  • Does your hubby also sew or quilt?

• Does your hubby also sew or quilt?

Old 05-11-2010, 01:49 PM
    Pam

Originally Posted by vjengels
    He doesn't sew at the moment... he re upholstered the seats on his 63' corvette... he has this monster commercial grade sewing machine.... I wonder how that would quilt????
    Are you kidding me? That my dear is a FMQ dream come true, get that thing in the sewing room!
    Old 05-11-2010, 01:50 PM

Does my hubby know how to sew? Yes. And in his lonely bachelor days (as he likes to call them) he sewed himself some blue plaid pillows for his couch, on an old machine his mom loaned him. But he only sewed then on a need-to-have-it basis.

Does he sew now? Not at all. When he needs something now, he asks me to make it for him. He did help me rotary cut some quilt blocks once when I was crunched for time.
    Old 05-11-2010, 01:51 PM
    Banned

No...but he cuts all my fabric into fat quarters, cuts all my blocks, puts together my Cathedral Window kits, irons the fusible web to the fabric, cuts about 50% of my appliques (my mother does alot too), helps me gather fabric when I go to Marshall Dry Goods and anything else I need help doing. He even does house cleaning but he won't cook. :lol: He's a keeper. :thumbup:
    Well you did ask!!! LMAO! :wink:
    Old 05-11-2010, 01:51 PM
    Power Poster

No, but he often makes the tea.
    Old 05-11-2010, 01:55 PM
    Power Poster

No hubby here either, but boyfriendwill hand sew some...I've seen him sew on a button, lol!
    Old 05-11-2010, 01:59 PM
    Power Poster

I don't want him to sew or quilt! Quilting is my separate time for me, not me being always the wife or mom. He can find something else to do, I started quilting first.
    Old 05-11-2010, 02:08 PM

Mine doesn't sew, and likely never will. He does however, provide me with advice. Hummm... sometimes I want it, and sometimes I don't.
    Old 05-11-2010, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    I don't want him to sew or quilt! Quilting is my separate time for me, not me being always the wife or mom. He can find something else to do, I started quilting first.
    LOL!

My husband doesn't sew or quilt, and I don't forsee him ever doing it. But, he doesn't mind looking at fabrics and quilt patterns with me, and he even helps me choose sometimes. A couple of nights ago, he asked me if I would make him a patriotic quilt (his BD is fourth of July) and I said sure. I asked him if there was a specific pattern he wants, and he said he'd like me to show him some of the patterns I like and think I can do, and he'll choose. Well, last night I was showing him magazines, patterns and some free patterns online, and there was one for a table runner(to be adapted of course) that he liked, then he said he wants to change the design on it though. So he presented me with a design of the quilt he'd like me to make for him :) Merit of story, I guess he likes to design quilts, and I think he'll be really good at it.
    Old 05-11-2010, 02:10 PM

DH appreciates sewing, quilting, etc. His mother did all of this when she was alive, but he has stated that he just does not have the patience to even attempt this.
    Old 05-11-2010, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by marsye
    No...but he cuts all my fabric into fat quarters, cuts all my blocks, puts together my Cathedral Window kits, irons the fusible web to the fabric, cuts about 50% of my appliques (my mother does alot too), helps me gather fabric when I go to Marshall Dry Goods and anything else I need help doing. He even does house cleaning but he won't cook. :lol: He's a keeper. :thumbup:
    Well you did ask!!! LMAO! :wink:
    He sounds like a keeper. Mine is also a keeper. Doesn't sew but is very supportive of all my hobbies from sewing to horses. I am even lucky enough to not have a job!