Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • doesn"t pay attention. >
  • doesn"t pay attention.

• doesn"t pay attention.

Old 01-04-2011, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by clair
    First let me say i'am upset, all my own fault. I live in a two story house and my sewing rooms' are all up stairs. I can't have over night guest cause I've taken down all the beds (more room for fabric). So now I'am out of room again. A sane person would realize that four bed rooms was enuf for storage and a few sewing machines ,right. Well I've spent all day trying to find more room up there, Then it hit me , the dinning room down stairs. well I thought if I start slow , with maybe one machine my hb wouldn' t notice. He never notices anything else, so I slip carefully down with my fw . He' reading so I know he won't pay any attention, I get almost to the table when he says "rum out of room". darn . now what? No I won't let any of my dear friends out of the house.... Thanks for being here just needed tovent. Back I go up stairs.
    Thats so funny, I want to come play at your house
    Old 01-04-2011, 07:18 AM

WOW am I a newbie! Floors and bedroomS S for sewing??? I bought myself a brand new embroidary Janome LAST Christmas (09)! and I've used it twice! Its sitting behind the living rm couch! I'm trying to get a guest bedrm fixed up to put it in there, but it will still be a bedrm. My fabrics are hung on hangers in 1 closet, in footlockers all over and in the attic! lol! SO is a chemical engineer and he likes everything in place!
    Old 01-04-2011, 07:35 AM

When I feel like I'm taking over with fabric, I watch a couple episodes of "Hoarders" and it scares me enough to donate some stuff!
    Old 01-04-2011, 08:37 AM

You need to open a fabric shop, sew 24 - 7, or have a sale.
    Old 01-04-2011, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
    I don't even have 1 room, I have a corner in my livingroom and your whinning about running out of space!!!! I dream of the day I have your problem. LOL!!
    I have one small closet in our family room and my sewing table is a card table, so count your blessings. My husband is in and out all day so I'm usually alone with my classical music, so that keeps me calm about it all. That much fabric would frustrate me, because I don't have enough life left to use what I have already.
    Old 01-04-2011, 10:39 AM

My children recently moved out. However,my sewing room is yet to be organized so I still sew on the diningroom table and hope to get the sewing room by the end of spring.
    Old 01-04-2011, 11:50 AM

I think it is a matter of the amount of space you have does not matter -- you will fill it regardless of how small or large it is!! I have found this to be true with every place I have lived!!

I like the comment about "Missing him" -- good answer!!

Pat
    Old 01-04-2011, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by clipper35
    First let me say i'am upset, all my own fault. I live in a two story house and my sewing rooms' are all up stairs. I can't have over night guest cause I've taken down all the beds (more room for fabric). So now I'am out of room again. A sane person would realize that four bed rooms was enuf for storage and a few sewing machines ,right. Well I've spent all day trying to find more room up there, Then it hit me , the dinning room down stairs. well I thought if I start slow , with maybe one machine my hb wouldn' t notice. He never notices anything else, so I slip carefully down with my fw . He' reading so I know he won't pay any attention, I get almost to the table when he says "rum out of room". darn . now what? No I won't let any of my dear friends out of the house.... Thanks for being here just needed tovent. Back I go up stairs.
    Thats so funny, I want to come play at your house
    Quilters are wired to reason like that, when it comes to sewing rooms. Our motto should be"If if can hold fabric then that should be the purpose of the room,most of the time".
    Old 01-04-2011, 12:33 PM

Okay girl - time to step back a moment. If you have 4 bedrooms full of quilting stuff, and need more space, get organized. Use up what you have. Are you a materialholic? I knew a woman who stacked hundreds of yards of material in her closets. Couldn't go into a material store. You really need to do something and soon!!
    Old 01-04-2011, 01:08 PM

Sounds like you could open a quilting store.