Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • doesn"t pay attention. >
  • doesn"t pay attention.

• doesn"t pay attention.

Old 01-04-2011, 04:45 PM

It is true, no matter how much bigger your house is we will fill it up. My house is only 1500 sq ft and no basements or attics in Arizona. My grandson live with us so I have to stay organized or it gets to me. I have gone up the walls with storage instead or out.
    Old 01-04-2011, 05:02 PM
    Power Poster

Wow If I were him I wouldn't let you near the downstairs or soon he will be losing his favortie chair and tv.
    Old 01-04-2011, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by clair
    First let me say i'am upset, all my own fault. I live in a two story house and my sewing rooms' are all up stairs. I can't have over night guest cause I've taken down all the beds (more room for fabric). So now I'am out of room again. A sane person would realize that four bed rooms was enuf for storage and a few sewing machines ,right. Well I've spent all day trying to find more room up there, Then it hit me , the dinning room down stairs. well I thought if I start slow , with maybe one machine my hb wouldn' t notice. He never notices anything else, so I slip carefully down with my fw . He' reading so I know he won't pay any attention, I get almost to the table when he says "rum out of room". darn . now what? No I won't let any of my dear friends out of the house.... Thanks for being here just needed tovent. Back I go up stairs.
    I feel your pain. I live in a 3000sq. ft. house...1500 sq. ft. consists of a storage room, craft room, bathroom, quilt area and sewing area!! I have no room, so I need to rethink!
    Old 01-04-2011, 06:32 PM

You could always try putting more shelving in - Wish I had your problem - Awesome
    Old 01-04-2011, 06:36 PM

I have a 3 bedroom and two baths, and am getting ready for a visit from a sister. I'm absolutely stunned at the clutter in that guest bedroom, which I simply put a few things in that wouldn't fit in the other, smaller one where I sew. And cut things out. And have a TV in there, plus hundreds of old videos and CDs and books.
    Someone, from the look of it several some ones have been coming in and hurling fabric all over the front room when I'm gone, and I'm sticking with that statement. It's not MY fault it has such a marvelous amount..I mean, such a mess in there.
    Old 01-04-2011, 06:45 PM

I have a very small bedroom as my sewing room. I am running out of space but it is not due to the fabric. I was thinking about moving the desk with the computer out of the room so I'll make space for the sewing machines but I felt bad that I was going to use the guessroom for the computer. Not anymore!!! I wish I had more fabric. I only have 2 shelves 7 foot long by 1 feet high!
    Old 01-04-2011, 06:47 PM

I would like to see photos?
    Old 01-04-2011, 06:48 PM

wow now thats a lot of stuff !!!! lucky you
    Old 01-04-2011, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Taughtby Grandma
    Wasn't there a movie made about that? I think it was like "The Ooze that took over the World". :lol: :lol:
    I think it was,"The Blob" lol
    Old 01-04-2011, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by raptureready
    Our house has almost 2000 square feet on each floor. The basement is a laundry room, dh's RC room my art room and full. The first floor is where we live plus sew in the winter and it's full. The second floor is my actual sewing room---full but I also have a couple of beds for when we have guests. No closet space available, no dresser space available, no space available. The attic is the same size but it's my dh's domain as is the 2 1/2 car garage. He stays out of my upstairs and I stay out of his spaces. I promised myself that I wouldn't buy any fabric this year but I bought about 3 yds NYsDay.
    Does your husband build and fly remote control airplanes?