Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • doesn"t pay attention. >
  • doesn"t pay attention.

• doesn"t pay attention.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:34 PM

I built shelves in the garage to house my apple boxes of fabric. My husband is just a cook and does not do projects in the garage so it is all mine. Minus the space for the freezer and lawn mower. So in the sewing room I have a day bed for company. Things can get moved around so company can make twin beds out of it or a king size bed. Other wise it houses projects in progress. The one thing that helped the most was to put cabinets up on the walls. I got some of those cabinets to go over the washer and dryer and hung them on either side. It is amazing when you go up how much floor space you gain.
    Old 01-04-2011, 09:52 PM

I don't think I am out of control as I thought...I can still walk in my sewing room. I gotta get more fabric!!! LOL!
    Old 01-04-2011, 10:04 PM
    Dee

Thats a lot of fabric. I have the attic and it is all mine. This is the first time I have my own space. Love it.
    Old 01-04-2011, 10:18 PM

This has been the best five pages to read ever.Quilters are the best people out there.And just so must fun to share with.No good answers of you.I have the same trouble.
    Old 01-04-2011, 10:20 PM

After reading all of these replys, I have to add another 2 cents worth- with the price of fabric going up, we will probably all wish we had 4 rooms of fabric!
    Old 01-04-2011, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by lynmccoy
    Originally Posted by clipper35
    Originally Posted by clair
    First let me say i'am upset, all my own fault. I live in a two story house and my sewing rooms' are all up stairs. I can't have over night guest cause I've taken down all the beds (more room for fabric). So now I'am out of room again. A sane person would realize that four bed rooms was enuf for storage and a few sewing machines ,right. Well I've spent all day trying to find more room up there, Then it hit me , the dinning room down stairs. well I thought if I start slow , with maybe one machine my hb wouldn' t notice. He never notices anything else, so I slip carefully down with my fw . He' reading so I know he won't pay any attention, I get almost to the table when he says "rum out of room". darn . now what? No I won't let any of my dear friends out of the house.... Thanks for being here just needed tovent. Back I go up stairs.
    Thats so funny, I want to come play at your house
    Quilters are wired to reason like that, when it comes to sewing rooms. Our motto should be"If if can hold fabric then that should be the purpose of the room,most of the time".
    I hadn't heard that motto before,but it definately fits my home.I don't have quilting fabric or equipment in my tiny bathroom. But I do have a table with quilt magazines on it. I have 3 rooms lined with shelves for fabric,batting,backing,and fat quarters. That sounds like a lot,but I live in the mountains and when it snows the roads close except for emergency vehicles coming into the county.So I go at times 2-3 months without buying fabric.I can do that cause I have so much on my shelves to work with
    Old 01-04-2011, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by clair
    First let me say i'am upset, all my own fault. I live in a two story house and my sewing rooms' are all up stairs. I can't have over night guest cause I've taken down all the beds (more room for fabric). So now I'am out of room again. A sane person would realize that four bed rooms was enuf for storage and a few sewing machines ,right. Well I've spent all day trying to find more room up there, Then it hit me , the dinning room down stairs. well I thought if I start slow , with maybe one machine my hb wouldn' t notice. He never notices anything else, so I slip carefully down with my fw . He' reading so I know he won't pay any attention, I get almost to the table when he says "rum out of room". darn . now what? No I won't let any of my dear friends out of the house.... Thanks for being here just needed tovent. Back I go up stairs.
    Do you have your rooms organized by colors? I have 3 rooms of fabric and I separated them into a pastel.a bright, and a dark fabric room.My daughter says I'm strange with organizing,but it makes picking quilt fabric a lot quicker if I only have to go to the pastel room.Have you made any of your fabric into quilts to donate? For every quilt I sell,I make 1 quilt and donate it to the Social Services or Nursing Home.
    Old 01-04-2011, 11:38 PM

cricky . thats a lot of farbric.
    Old 01-04-2011, 11:57 PM

Yeah I'm the same. Storage room for the craft stuff and sewing at the dining room table.
    Old 01-05-2011, 12:16 AM

I just got a serger. Now I'm really in trouble. I have an embroidery machine and now I want to be able to embroider, sew, and serge all at the same time. Which means that I have to clear off the tables and then - what do I do with the stuff on the tables????? I'm already packed to the max. So - I'm now moving out to the closets, and all storage furniture in the house. Oh boy -