Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Dongles >
  • Dongles

• Dongles

Old 07-23-2012, 04:25 PM

Oh that's funny. Great reply.
    Old 07-24-2012, 01:21 AM

all these people that have 4D. I've had it but not very long. I've had no luck embroidery photo's (they come out awful, I'm sure it's me) At the moment I'm trying to embroider a pillow and all she wants is the letter "B". Is it possible to only have 1 line of writing? It keeps asking me for a 2nd line of text
    Old 07-24-2012, 05:32 AM

I am concerned about the comment that they have a shelf life. I just purchased the Janome MBX 4.0 embroidery software for my Janome 11000SE. I was told by my dealer, what ever you do, DO NOT LOOSE THE DONGLE. You are correct, you have to have it to run the software. The dealer told me that if I loose it, it will cost $1200! to replace...basically the same as the entire software package. This would be ridiculous to replace it in three or four years due to a shelf life issue.
    D in TX
    Old 07-24-2012, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Lady Diana
    I am concerned about the comment that they have a shelf life. I just purchased the Janome MBX 4.0 embroidery software for my Janome 11000SE. I was told by my dealer, what ever you do, DO NOT LOOSE THE DONGLE. You are correct, you have to have it to run the software. The dealer told me that if I loose it, it will cost $1200! to replace...basically the same as the entire software package. This would be ridiculous to replace it in three or four years due to a shelf life issue.
    D in TX
    Call your Janome dealer. I think this is one big misunderstanding. There is one person that has used hers since 1995 with no problems. There is a difference between a company not offering support any more for a product than it having a shelf life. I also posted on here that you might want to check with you home owners insurance and make sure it's added to that so you have covereage on your machine and software (dongle)
    Old 08-03-2012, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by JoanneS
    A dongle is a special USB stick. I have a dongle that enables me to use my Pfaff 5D software on my computer. If I don't have it 'plugged into' my computer, the software won't work. I suspect Pfaff developed it to prevent the software from being copied and used by more than one consumer. I can install the software on more than 1 computer, but I can only use it on one at a time, because I have only 1 dongle.
    I have the same set up with my Bernina.
    Robin in Brownwood TX
    Old 08-03-2012, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by romanojg
    Call your Janome dealer. I think this is one big misunderstanding. There is one person that has used hers since 1995 with no problems. There is a difference between a company not offering support any more for a product than it having a shelf life. I also posted on here that you might want to check with you home owners insurance and make sure it's added to that so you have covereage on your machine and software (dongle)
    I have the Bernina software. It isn't a shelf life issue. It's all the goodies of the program are in that usb stick. If I loose it it will cost me $1500. The instructor even suggested we buy this little gizmo that we can plug in the usb into then plug and unplug that into the computer. If we break that usb stick you have to pay the whole $1500 over again. Treat them very gently ladies
    Robin in Brownwood TX