Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Don't you love it when >
  • Don't you love it when

• Don't you love it when

Old 01-05-2014, 05:35 AM

This makes me feel so much better. Happens way too often in my world.
    Old 01-05-2014, 07:20 AM

Right now I'm looking for my best pair of scissors . I hope I didn't lose them, I'll be heart broken if I don't find them!!!

Plus, I am also looking for my Add a Quarter ruler. Where does this stuff learn to hide? I don't teach them how to do that!!!
    Old 01-05-2014, 07:24 AM

And here, I thought I was the only one who had that problem!
    Old 01-05-2014, 08:18 AM

I'm convinced that there are little gremlins or elves that come into my sewing room at night to hide things I've just been using--either that or my kitties are playing mind games with me and hiding my stuff all over the house. I wouldn't put it past them .
    Old 01-05-2014, 08:33 AM

Yep, that happens in my stamping room all the time. I was a Stampin' Up! demonstrator for 10 years, and gave up almost 2 years ago when my desire for quilting overtook my desire for stamping. I love creating quilts which will be around infinitely longer than a handmade paper card which may find the recycle bin within hours of receiving it. I still have all my stamping things in my room, but rarely actually stamp. I need to clean it out and sell or donate most of it. The room has become a dumping ground for all my quilting supplies when I need to clean up the family room for the arrival of guests. I really need to make some changes. I guess this will be on my resolution list. We also have a major kitchen overhaul pending, so I hate to mess up both areas of the house!
    Old 01-05-2014, 09:08 AM

This thread has been so much fun! I have loved reading about all the found and still missing objects. And I loved the inerchange on the minds!

But I just realized I have no idea where my bifold mirrow is so off to the sewing room to see what I can discover!
    Old 01-05-2014, 09:32 AM

Oh I'm so Happy to know I belong to such a great group. I'm going to try to get my hubby to read these posts. He thinks I'm rather unique in this type of behavior, unfortunately he just can't wrap his head around a quilters needs.
    Old 01-05-2014, 09:49 AM
    Power Poster

I can definitely relate - was looking for something the other day, found the roll of 1/4" fusible tape that I like to use when closing openings when I birth quilts; and which I promptly lost, along with the extra rotary blades I bought. Last year I did find not one, but 2 BOM quilt kits from 2006 and 2007, one of which I finally made the blocks, although I still have to assemble them into a quilt; etc., etc. I keep telling myself that when I'm looking for something I'm going on an adventure as I never know what I'll find. Too bad I don't find any money when I'm searching. LOL.
    Old 01-05-2014, 10:24 AM

This reminds me a something George Carlin use to say. Why do people say "It was in the last place I looked." Of course it is going to be in the last place you looked. You're not going to keep looking after you found it are ya?
    Old 01-05-2014, 10:50 AM

I had bought a new brother sewing machine and was still learning how to do some of the things on it when the manual came up missing. I searched for over a year and thought I must have thrown it away with some old quilting magazines. the other day I started filing away a stack of patterns I had torn out of magazines when right in the middle of them was my machine manual.