Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Don't you love it when >
  • Don't you love it when

• Don't you love it when

Old 01-05-2014, 11:45 AM

I found a basket full of thread and I just ordered thread prior to finding this!
    Old 01-05-2014, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by crafty pat
    I had bought a new brother sewing machine and was still learning how to do some of the things on it when the manual came up missing. I searched for over a year and thought I must have thrown it away with some old quilting magazines. the other day I started filing away a stack of patterns I had torn out of magazines when right in the middle of them was my machine manual.
    Ah ha, pleased to read you found your manual, that is something you may need at some time, and when you need it , you need it right then.
    Old 01-05-2014, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by tildiemae
    I found a basket full of thread and I just ordered thread prior to finding this!
    Isn't that annoying? at least now you have plenty of thread for a while, don't lose it.
    Old 01-05-2014, 11:58 AM

Hancock of Paducah had a 20% off sale so I just had to place an order. Two days later I get a shipment from Hancock, I thought boy that was fast, I open it up and there was most of the fabrics I had ordered but there were other fabrics as well. You got it I went on line and found I ordered six of the same fabrics again. Oh well who can turn up batik fabric for $4.78 to $5.58 a yard and now I have two yards of each fabric that I really liked TWICE. Lol
    Old 01-05-2014, 12:11 PM
    Power Poster

Go look and see where it does not belong. I try to keep all manuals in one big 3 inch binder in sheet protectors.
    Originally Posted by quilt1950
    When my family visits my grandsons sleep on the floor of the sewing room. So I have to put things away before they come. Several YEARS ago I was picking up the room, and remember putting my serger instruction manual somewhere that it did not belong. But, I rationalized that it would only be for a few days, and then I could put the book away where it belongs. I haven't seen it since, and finally bought another copy.
    Old 01-05-2014, 01:25 PM

Well you all made me feel a lot better, knowing I am not the only forgetful, mislaying, rambo-cleaning quilter here. What is the worst is when I purposely put something somewhere safe, then afterwards can't remember where "safe" is.
    Old 01-05-2014, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Kris P
    Yep, that happens in my stamping room all the time. I was a Stampin' Up! demonstrator for 10 years, and gave up almost 2 years ago when my desire for quilting overtook my desire for stamping. I love creating quilts which will be around infinitely longer than a handmade paper card which may find the recycle bin within hours of receiving it. I still have all my stamping things in my room, but rarely actually stamp. I need to clean it out and sell or donate most of it. The room has become a dumping ground for all my quilting supplies when I need to clean up the family room for the arrival of guests. I really need to make some changes. I guess this will be on my resolution list. We also have a major kitchen overhaul pending, so I hate to mess up both areas of the house!
    Have you tried using your stamps on fabric? With Jaquard paints and a sponge, you can make some beautiful blocks!

If I can't find something and it's important enough to me I will clean until I find it and several other treasures too! The most recent was my Dr. Seuss stocking I had cut out and was ready to make for Christmas.

Last edited by aeble; 01-05-2014 at 02:43 PM.
    Old 01-05-2014, 02:57 PM

You ladies are scaring me!!!!! We are moving this summer after living in this house for 42 years and I am scared of what I might find --especially under the dust bunnies!!!! I have a corner cabinet in the kitchen that hasn't been cleared out for years--wonder whats in there by now.
    Old 01-05-2014, 04:01 PM

There is an old saying I just love -

"Those who are perfectly organized will never know the 'joy' of finding something they thought they had lost forever!"

Marysewfun
    Old 01-05-2014, 06:10 PM

I taught my DGS's a little bit of sewing before Christmas and since then I can't find My Purple Thing...I WANT MY PURPLE THING and I can't find my long tweezers that have the slight bend at the end (can't remember what they are called) if I don't find these 2 things soon I'll have to buy them again so I can hopefully find the originals.