Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • easy king-sized quilt ideas? >
  • easy king-sized quilt ideas?

• easy king-sized quilt ideas?

Old 09-07-2013, 07:20 PM

How about an old fashioned Log Cabin? You can use the colors in your room. Use 2 1/2" strips and a 2 1/2" center and you will wind up with 14 1/2" blocks. 36 blocks and a couple of borders to drape down the sides of the bed. Fast quilt and timeless.
    Old 09-07-2013, 07:53 PM

Very pretty and I love the colors!
    Old 09-07-2013, 07:54 PM

I love the "turning 20" quilt picture by LaQuita. Very nice colors.
    Old 09-08-2013, 05:04 AM

How about the labyrinth quilt, your long armer will be thrilled with all the blank spaces to pretty up.

http://www.keepsakequilting.com/productdetail/6193.htm
    Old 09-08-2013, 05:47 AM

Several yezrs ago I painted our bedroom walls ivory and have ivory curtains and an ivory colored plain bedspread (walmart- $39). I make quilts for our king size bed about 75 x 90 and lay then across the bed and do not cover the pillows. I like a about a 10" drop on the sides which lets us cover up with the quilt. You can make coordinating pillow shams if you want but my DH uses several pillows to sleep so I just prop them on the other pillows. The bedspread actually looks like a dust ruffle. This size quilt is easier and quiltcker to make that regular king size one. The neutral colors of the walls allow me to change the color of the bed room a whim. Right now it is wine colored patchwork and last month it was multi-colored flowers blocks.

As for an easy pattern- What style do you like- floral, abstract, scrappy , modern, traditional? There are tutes for 5 and 10 min blocks quilt that make up fast and easy. Also Cindy Cashauto has a book called "big Block Explosion" that has many quick and easy quilts in it especially showing floral fabric. (I love this book and have made many of the quilts in it)

show us what you decide!!!!!!!!
    Old 09-08-2013, 09:06 AM

Oh, so many great ideas! bibsister63 - brilliant idea to be able to change things out.
    LaQuita - love your quilt. You used my favorite colors! And I actually have the Turning 20 Again book! Who knew? Now I've just got to put on my thinking cap and come to a decision...
    Old 09-08-2013, 11:03 AM

I'm doing a Trip around the World that is going really fast. Check out Quilt in a Day method http://quiltinaday.com/theater/3100/3101.html. Strip pieced and no matching seams!
    Old 09-08-2013, 11:16 AM

Google the Wickedly Easy Pattern - it sews up quickly and looks great
    Old 09-08-2013, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by bigsister63
    Several yezrs ago I painted our bedroom walls ivory and have ivory curtains and an ivory colored plain bedspread (walmart- $39). I make quilts for our king size bed about 75 x 90 and lay then across the bed and do not cover the pillows. I like a about a 10" drop on the sides which lets us cover up with the quilt. You can make coordinating pillow shams if you want but my DH uses several pillows to sleep so I just prop them on the other pillows. The bedspread actually looks like a dust ruffle. This size quilt is easier and quiltcker to make that regular king size one. The neutral colors of the walls allow me to change the color of the bed room a whim. Right now it is wine colored patchwork and last month it was multi-colored flowers blocks.

As for an easy pattern- What style do you like- floral, abstract, scrappy , modern, traditional? There are tutes for 5 and 10 min blocks quilt that make up fast and easy. Also Cindy Cashauto has a book called "big Block Explosion" that has many quick and easy quilts in it especially showing floral fabric. (I love this book and have made many of the quilts in it)

show us what you decide!!!!!!!!
    What a great idea about the bedspread!
    Old 09-08-2013, 11:51 AM
    Power Poster

haaa! I once bought a button and had to make a lined jacket around it. everyone noticed that button, thugh