Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • embroidery machine comparisons >
  • embroidery machine comparisons

• embroidery machine comparisons

Old 03-06-2014, 03:13 AM

Because you aren't interested in Janome I can't help with machine suggestion. I did want to say that Bernina uses .ART files which most designers on Etsy will not sell. I get a lot of my designs from there and most say will not support .ART that would be a problem for me. I don't like not being able to get designs from anywhere I want and it seems that Bernina limits you somehow. Good luck shopping
    Old 03-06-2014, 04:38 AM

If you already have embroidery software it would be advisable to look at stand alone machines that use the same format. In the long run the software gets to be very expensive and cumbersome especially if you have to convert it using your computer. As I stated previously I have the first embroidery machine that Bernina made. In order to continue using my extensive software collection in the PES format I had to purchase a Brother machine when the Bernina started showing major signs of wear and tear. It is nice to be able to be sewing on another project while the embroidery machine is doing it's thing.
    Old 03-06-2014, 05:10 AM

I realize you aren't interested in Janome, but just have to say, I love my 11000SE. It has so far not made one misstep. The only time I've broken a needle was because of user(me) error. I forgot to switch feet and started a zigzag stitch. I find it very easy to go from sewing to embroidery mode.
    Old 03-06-2014, 07:18 AM

My machine is a very cheap Brother that I paid $300 for. It only does a 4 inch design and takes a card.
    It is a great little machine and have had no problems with it and it is easy to use.
    After doing several different red work designs that I downloaded from Designs by Juju I like it a lot.
    It works well for a 6 in block. Made a table topper with a leaf design and a baby quilt with teddy bears. Both turned out great.
    I did not want it for any other embroidery than quilts, just not interested in embroidery on towels, clothes, etc.
    Great for what I wanted and within my budget.
    You do have to spend another hundred for Ped Basic in order to download designs to the machines card slot. It comes with a card.
    The machine comes with a bunch of designs already installed but not any I have used.

Last edited by Rose Marie; 03-06-2014 at 07:24 AM.