Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • embroidery machine? >
  • embroidery machine?

• embroidery machine?

Old 05-04-2012, 05:24 AM

I have the Viking Ruby. It has been easy to learn, good since I knew nothing. It has fairly large hoops including one that is called endless. I knew that I wouldn't be happy with a 4x4 or even a 5x7 hoop size so I made sure I could go larger. I've gotten a few now, I think the largest is over 14 in long. My next one is going to be the quilters hoop which is a 8x8; I think that's the one that I want. You can check the comparison chart at Viking and see what all sizes you can get with it. Plus on top of the hoops it has a lot of other wonderful features. Mine comes in under the 6,000. I say try out some, at all cost ranges and see what you like. You can also opt to get a stand alone embroidery machine instead of one that also has a sewing machine built in. Mine has both. I do like having more than one machine so that while the embroidery is going I can be sewing. This dealer just wants to make a sale. If you decide you want classes there are plenty of LQS and places like Sew and Vacs that have them no matter what you buy. I think the hoop size, the way you get your designs to your machine (USB or CD or pc to machine) and easy of use are the most important things. Also I didn't realize until I started reading on here how many machines don't come with even a basic software program that allows you to download, organize, rename (they are sold online by a #) and view your designs. Mine came with a free program that allows me to do this but if yours doesn't you'll have to either try to get a free one or buy one, like Embrid. Good luck on search.
    Old 05-04-2012, 05:30 AM
    Power Poster

I have the viking diamond, love it!!!
    Old 05-04-2012, 05:31 AM

I want a machine that will embroider a whole block for quilting. But they cost as much as a long arm so thats out of my range.