Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Embroidery Machines Project Ideas What do you make? Let's Chit Chat!  (Enjoy!) >
  • Embroidery Machines Project Ideas What do you make? Let's Chit Chat! (Enjoy!)

• Embroidery Machines Project Ideas What do you make? Let's Chit Chat! (Enjoy!)

Old 08-17-2010, 04:23 AM

I have a Janome 11000SE and I love it! I've embroidered placemats, hand towels, t-shirts, and blocks and borders on quilts. Now I'm making a quilt as you go cub scout quilt for my grandson. Got the designs from Designs by Sick. They are cute stick figure cub scouts doing all sorts of scouting activities:-) I would love to exchange ideas on embroidered projects:-)
    Old 08-17-2010, 05:31 AM

I have a Bernina Deco 650. I like it because it is a stand alone machine. I also haven't upgraded because I have more than $1000 tied up in software. It uses the PES format. I also subscribed to Martha Pullen's embroidery club for several years and have lots of designs on DVDs. I also invested in a magic box so that I could use those designs. Like computers the technology is constantly being updated and makes my equipment outdated. I have made hundreds of embroidered items over the almost 20 years I have had an embroidery machine. All of my children and grandchildren have recieved gifts I made with my embroidery machine. My eldest son=in-law is a hot shot executive. I purchased some expensive dress shirts for him one year and monogramed the sleeves. He probably told his co-workers that they came from a famous men's store.
    I make all kinds of favors for our quilt retreats as well as Christmas ornaments and little goodies for my Bee friends. Last Christmas each of my granchildren got personalized pillowcases. I have a problem with dribbling on my ample chest. Most of my everyday tops have some kind of embroidery on the front to disquise the stains. I am presently embroiderying the names of each family in my church congregation. They will go beneath a paperpieced house block that represents each family in a quilt we are making to celebrate the 250 anniversary of the founding of the church. I have drawers full of stabilizers, different size hoops and of course thread and software. I have made two bedsized quilts that had some embroidery in each block.
    I use my embroidery machine a lot.
    Old 08-17-2010, 05:44 AM

Great topic....I have a D1 and last year I embroidered my Christmas cards.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-98546.jpe  
    Old 08-17-2010, 11:28 AM

mpspeedy, you made me laugh when you talked about embroidering over those bodice stains! I have the same problem. My DH says I should make myself some bibs:-)

You are way ahead of me in using your embroidery machine, but I am trying to work on a project every day. I am delighted with my new hobby!
    Old 08-17-2010, 12:48 PM

I have done lots of embroidery on a machine the last 6 years. I started with an Ellageo 3, now I just sew with it. I have a Brother 4000D and my big one that I really really love using, the Babylock PR600(six needle) I have done lots of embroidered quilts, baby things, clothing, towels, cards, school backpacks etc. I embroidery all my husbands caps for his business.
    Old 08-17-2010, 03:53 PM

pfaff 2124 with the 4d computer pragram my sanity saver this is my toy and i love to play--i am learning as i go my biggest project so far
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-98839.jpe   attachment-98840.jpe   attachment-98841.jpe  
    Old 08-18-2010, 01:44 AM

Wow! This is awesome! How long did it take you to make it? However did you line everything up when you hooped it? Beautiful!
    Old 08-18-2010, 03:38 AM

Wow, what great projects! I have Janome memory craft 9500, I used to embrodiery when I first got it but haven't for awhile now! I only made some burp cloths with little animals on it and some kitchen towels. Planning on getting back to it! So this is a great motivator!
    Old 08-18-2010, 02:57 PM

check out the water bowel on the chicken strip this was appliquied over a baby chick that was upside down--a lot of the quilt was appliquied on--took about 3 months to make
    Old 08-19-2010, 10:00 AM

I have a few favorite sites that I would like to share with you.
    www.bunnycup.com--this site has about 45 SETS of designs that are free for the downloading. they stitch out nicely and they have great sales. mostly children's designs, but really nice.

www.designsbyjuju.com
    again, children's designs but there is an awesome sale going on right now. I think you get five sets for $20 and they always stitch out great!

I am an addict with my embroidery machine, but it is an expensive addiction!