Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Enlarged Nordic Star block >
  • Enlarged Nordic Star block

• Enlarged Nordic Star block

Old 07-03-2018, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by baywinds
    Thanks, I missed that you were giving her the finished sizes, and I thank you again for doing these instructions. Sure wish I would spend the time to teach myself my EQ7.I've got it, just haven't sat down with it. Susan
    I ended up buying the EQ7 lesson books when they were on sale. The blocks one was very helpful, but I am not really good with blocks, just adequate. I can't seem to remember how to do all the different functions even just for the blocks. But, it has really helped me see the blocks in new quilts I like. I am very bad at reading and comprehending directions in a lot of patterns. They seem to go around in circles to me. Drawing them in EQ makes me understand them.

I draw a lot of blocks in EQ and figure out how to eliminate some of the seam lines. I don't like flying geese with a seam in the middle of the goose. Sometimes that sets me up to have a little bit more complex block, but I am okay with that. Good luck with learning your program.

By the way, it would have been a better idea for me to tell osewme to go back and practice her blocks and get her seams to the point where she can make a 12 inch block with a 12 inch pattern. By not doing that she is setting herself up to never be able to do any paper piecing with a complex pattern, like Judy Neimeyer's are.

Last edited by Barb in Louisiana; 07-03-2018 at 05:38 PM.
    Old 08-13-2018, 10:18 AM

The website page that you saw the smaller version of the block on has instructions for a 13 inch unfinished/12.5 inch finished block at the end of the post. The lady did this design as a mini and a regular block. The bigger block instructions are for regular rotary cutting not paper piecing. Hope this helps.

Your block is good. Pretty, I like the colors. By the way, I love paper piecing and once you figure it out, you'll love it. As someone once told me. Just sew on the line and check twice before you cut.