Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • EQ6 - importing own fabric >
  • EQ6 - importing own fabric

• EQ6 - importing own fabric

Old 07-01-2009, 05:32 PM
    Power Poster

I think a lot of the actual manufacturers are starting to put them up on their websites, too :wink:
    Old 07-02-2009, 04:27 AM

I tried to work on my EQ design last night and found out that some of the files were missing and it wouldn't open. Seems I had to reinstall the software again.. grrrr.... so by the time I had it all installed, I was just too tired to start. I still have to figure out what fabrics I want to use in this sampler before I can scan them. Perhaps by the weekend i might try it again! Hmm actually I have my sewing group tonight, so perhaps I can do it then.

It seems I never can get a few minutes to sit down to this software and teach myself how to use it. I really need to make a more conserted effort to do this and to do all the tutorials from the book I have! One I get it to work I'll post photos. hee hee so then I'll have to learn how to post EQ designs onto this board!! LOL

Cheers
    Old 07-08-2009, 05:29 PM

It WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm insanely happy especially now that I got my own fabrics scanned and imported! I was amazed how easy it was too!!! I can see me doing sooooooo much more with this software now! I spent a good 3 1/2 hours tonight playing and tweaking it!!!

Once I finish making this design I then need to figure out how to show it here on this board!

Thanks again sooooooooooooo much for all your help!!!! It means so much!
    Old 07-08-2009, 07:01 PM

Woo Hoo... no stopping you now! To show us your design you can do a File... Export Image... when you have the quilt on the screen. Give it a name and save it as a JPEG file, then it will come up with a box to set the image size, dpi, quality.
    Old 07-09-2009, 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
    Woo Hoo... no stopping you now! To show us your design you can do a File... Export Image... when you have the quilt on the screen. Give it a name and save it as a JPEG file, then it will come up with a box to set the image size, dpi, quality.
    Thanks.. I'll give it a try later!!! Tonight I have my sewing group and might play with EQ6 then. The weekend we are heading out of the city to do some camping. I am going to work through lunch so I can leave work earlier so we can get on the road a bit faster!! woo hooo can't wait to get the tent set up and camping!! This year we have the dog to take with us so it should be fun!!!