EQ6

Old 04-01-2010, 07:32 PM

I bought EQ6 from EQ(signed up for it before it came out.) I took a class at a LQS and spent some time with it at home. I just don't have the time or inclination to use it. I have all I can do to quilt never mind DESIGN. I'm thinking of selling it--I will have to check with the EQ site because I think they have rules about that.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:52 PM

Hello everyone! Just spoke today to one of the ladies at EQ, and there is a newer version coming out in a month. I myself was looking to buy the EQ6 and was told I might want to wait a month until the newer version comes out. I have enjoyed using the quilt wizard, but want something more advanced. I'm not sure as to how much the newer version will cost, but it will probably be in the same price range as EQ6.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:07 PM

I have a EG5 that is still in the box and I have never ever opened it. Why? I dont know. I just retired yesterday so I will get brave and download it one of these days. If you have the EQ5 what are the advantages of the EQ6....thanks
Old 04-01-2010, 09:12 PM

Does the eq 6 also for example if you find a block pattern that is a 6 inch block and you want to make it a 12 inch block can it calculate how to make the block bigger?
Old 04-01-2010, 09:44 PM

Yes EQ6 will calculate the block sized up or down, and calculate the differences in your yardage as well. If you want to get a inexpensive program to play with the Electric quilt Company's Quilt Wizard is a good place to start. You can size up and down blocks in the quilt wizard too. The difference is you don't have the freedom todraw in your own designs, make quilt labels, have about 5000 different fabrics loaded into the program.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:55 PM

So I can get directions on resizing blocks and not just designing quilts? Did you say there are also quilt labels? Its called qlectric quilt wizard? How much is it approximately..I am not too interested in designing right now too busy with getting my long arm business going.
Thanks for info,
Old 04-01-2010, 11:32 PM

To resize a block in EQ, you go to Print and it will ask you if you want to print a picture of the block, rotary cutting measurements, templates or foundation (paper-piecing). After you select one, a box opens and you go to Options. In options, type in the size of block you want and select Print. You can choose any size of block you want, from just over 0" to as large as you want, a bed size block or even larger if you want. It figures out your measurements and how much yardage it will take of each fabric. You can even make your block in an odd number, by using a decimal (such as .375 or .625 or whatever you want). I don't have to figure out how much to enlarge a block for a swap or a quilt. I just look through the Quilt Block Library and type in the size. You can change any block before you print the directions, if you don't like the way it looks! You don't have to design quilts, even though they make it easy! It's a great quilt encyclopedia and you can add blocks to it, if you find a block you like in a book, so you can remember it or change the size. It also makes it easy to see what your block or quilt will look like in a different color or fabric.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:25 AM

I have a question about EQ6. I have a quilt I'm working on and would like to import a picture of it to play with it. Can this be done?
Old 04-02-2010, 04:11 AM

Will the new version of eq6 update from the eq5. I did not get to update to 6 .I dont know if the question makes sense.Jolo
Old 04-02-2010, 04:15 AM

Another question and I dont know where to post ,so I will ask here. In the info box beside my message is states in hiding. How do I get my location in.? Jolo