Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Is EQ7 worth the price? >
  • Is EQ7 worth the price?

• Is EQ7 worth the price?

Old 08-16-2010, 03:39 PM

Does anyone know if there is a site that sells the software for a less than the $189 list price? Our quilt stores sell it for $189, so I'm hoping some internet site will have it for less.

Originally Posted by oneygirl
    I paid $137 for mine at a local quilt shop when it was just released. I still need to learn how to use it.
    Old 08-16-2010, 03:40 PM

What do you mean when you say EQ doesn't tell you how to construct the quilt? Does it not give instructions on the order of what to sew to what?

Originally Posted by BRenea
    It's absolutely worth the price! I have been using EQ since version 3, and I always make sure to get the newest version. Make a point of going through the tutorials in the user manual, with a little experience you can design whatever you want! The only thing EQ doesn't do is tell you how to construct the quilt, that's up to you. ;-)
    Old 08-16-2010, 03:41 PM

Wow! The fabric downloads would be helpful!

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
    It's a wonderful program and I've had it since EQ4. I can pretty much look at a quilt and tell what the pattern is and re-create it in EQ7 (if it's not TOO difficult). It has tons of blocks and fabrics and you can import your own fabrics, which I do all the time.

When I buy a fabric I get a picture of it on my screen from the website I bought it from, right click, and save into a folder on my PC called Fabrics. I can then import it. I love that Moda has downloads of their collections for EQ! Also, Connecting Threads has them for every collection plus a label that matches.
    Old 08-16-2010, 03:46 PM

Can you get EQ7 from Joanne's and use a coupon?
    Old 08-16-2010, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Dee Dee
    Last I looked they were selling it in the sewing machine area ( viking booth and only Eq6). If theyare still keeping it in the machine area , you can not use cuopons ( this area is leased space typically to a Viking Dealer ). Call or see if they have it on line.
    Old 08-16-2010, 04:59 PM

Thanks Lori. I've seen EQ6 on their website, but not EQ7. Maybe they'll upgrade later.

Originally Posted by Lori S
    Originally Posted by Dee Dee
    Last I looked they were selling it in the sewing machine area ( viking booth and only Eq6). If theyare still keeping it in the machine area , you can not use cuopons ( this area is leased space typically to a Viking Dealer ). Call or see if they have it on line.
    Old 08-16-2010, 05:11 PM

I am following this thread with interest. I have long thought about buying EQ, but didn't know enough about it and couldn't swallow the price.
    Old 08-16-2010, 06:04 PM
    Power Poster

I have EQ 6 and I love it. I use it a lot. Great tool for designing blocks and quilts.
    Old 08-16-2010, 06:43 PM

I know Joann's has Quilt Wizard in the stores but have never seen EQ7. Online I don't think it lets you use the coupon on softwear. In the store I was able to use a coupon for Quilt Wizard retail of $29.95, but this is a very simple computer quilting program. It does not have anything near the capabilities of EQ7.
    Old 08-17-2010, 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
    It's a wonderful program and I've had it since EQ4. I can pretty much look at a quilt and tell what the pattern is and re-create it in EQ7 (if it's not TOO difficult). It has tons of blocks and fabrics and you can import your own fabrics, which I do all the time.

When I buy a fabric I get a picture of it on my screen from the website I bought it from, right click, and save into a folder on my PC called Fabrics. I can then import it. I love that Moda has downloads of their collections for EQ! Also, Connecting Threads has them for every collection plus a label that matches.

here's a wacky question! if you import your fabric to a folder as you buy it, can eq7 easily help you with sorting/inventory of your stash? do you guys, for instance, add your newly purchased yellow fabric to an existing yellow folder in order to know exactly what yellows you have in your entire stash? or is this unreasonable? seems like you could plan your quilt online, then (this is for those tidy stashes we've seen photos of) pull yardage easily and go for it.