Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Excellent service! >
  • Excellent service!

• Excellent service!

Old 10-23-2012, 06:00 PM

Default Excellent service!

Earlier in the year I joined a BOM with Keepsake Quilting for a quilt pattern named TAOS. It has been a trial for me because I'm rather a newbie but the fabric is gorgeous. It seems that KQ has had a terrible time getting the fabric and no longer have any left. Naturally, I make a mistake in my cutting and needed more fabric so they told me to try Robert Kaufman. I emailed RK and have received numerous return emails from Sandie, the Service Manager, offering suggestions and actually sending me fabric to see if it was what I needed. It wasn't sadly, but I had sent swatches of my fabric to her and she thinks she found it on a web site! The web is sending me a swatch so I can only hope. Sandie went out of her way to help me in a friendly manner. She didn't have to go to all the trouble for me but she did. I will always look to Robert Kaufman fabric first because of her kindness. As always, a little kindness goes a long way!
    Leslie
    Old 10-23-2012, 06:10 PM

WOW - that is great service - above and beyond - hope you do find what you are looking for.
    Old 10-23-2012, 06:30 PM

I agree, a little kindness goes a long way. Glad that Sandie went above and beyond for you.
    Old 10-23-2012, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by morforles
    Earlier in the year I joined a BOM with Keepsake Quilting for a quilt pattern named TAOS. It has been a trial for me because I'm rather a newbie but the fabric is gorgeous. It seems that KQ has had a terrible time getting the fabric and no longer have any left. Naturally, I make a mistake in my cutting and needed more fabric so they told me to try Robert Kaufman. I emailed RK and have received numerous return emails from Sandie, the Service Manager, offering suggestions and actually sending me fabric to see if it was what I needed. It wasn't sadly, but I had sent swatches of my fabric to her and she thinks she found it on a web site! The web is sending me a swatch so I can only hope. Sandie went out of her way to help me in a friendly manner. She didn't have to go to all the trouble for me but she did. I will always look to Robert Kaufman fabric first because of her kindness. As always, a little kindness goes a long way!
    Leslie
    Robert Kaufman is awesome! I had purchased 2 identical quilt kits from an online quilt shop but the kits came pre made from Robert Kaufman. I was shorted the same fabric in both kits. I contacted the online shop and they didn't have anymore of the fabric but suggested that I contact Robert Kaufman. I did and their customer service was out of this world. They actually sent me 2 yards of the fabric I needed (only 1/2 yard was required for each kit) and because I was trying to get these done for Christmas and it was the end of November, they over nighted the fabric to me - At absolutely NO COST to me! The really have great customer service perfected!!! I have always been a fan of Robert Kaufman fabrics because of their quality but their customer service has insured I will always look at RK fabrics first!
    Old 10-23-2012, 06:34 PM

So glad you got such good service. Just a thought if you still need to locate post "in search of " section of this board.
    Old 10-24-2012, 02:53 AM

I've always had good service from KQ but never to that extreme. It's good to know if I ever experience a real problem like yours.
    Old 10-24-2012, 03:02 AM

Thanks so much for posting about your experience - it's always good to know about companies who care about their customers.
    Old 10-24-2012, 03:52 AM
    Banned

Very Good to know. I hope they can find what you need.
    Old 10-24-2012, 06:49 AM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

It's awesome RK was so helpful! It helps that many of the personnel at these places are also sewers and quilters....they "get" us!!

Jan in VA
    Old 10-24-2012, 07:21 AM

Thank you Lori! Silly me, I never thought of that!!

Leslie