Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Fabric Addiction >
  • Fabric Addiction

• Fabric Addiction

Old 03-17-2010, 06:33 PM

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

Actually... I think a couple of years ago there was a line of circus fabrics that DID have circus peanuts on it!
    Old 03-17-2010, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
    Actually... I think a couple of years ago there was a line of circus fabrics that DID have circus peanuts on it!

Oh GAG! I can't imagine. I'm glad I never saw it I might have thrown up in the fabric store.
    Old 03-17-2010, 09:37 PM

Would you believe my DH actually buys those nasty circus peanuts candy when he can find it!
    Old 03-18-2010, 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by mom-6
    Would you believe my DH actually buys those nasty circus peanuts candy when he can find it!
    Well, bless his heart, at least he has good taste in families. I wouldn't even be able to kiss him after he ate one. You are a better woman than I am. I knew someone was eating them because they keep making them. Now I know who to blame. LOL
    Old 03-19-2010, 03:18 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by raptureready
    Originally Posted by Fox
    ....the only reason to buy the Cracker Jacks was for the prize wasn't it? I gave the popcorn to my brothers, ate the peanuts myself and kept the prize.
    HA HA HA I did the same thing. I don't like caramel corn to this day. Unless its homemade of course. It was a rare treat to get CJ's though only every now and then would Grandma and Grandpa get them for us. Usually it was Bazooka Bubble gum, candy corn or those horrible mushy big orange Circus Peanuts. I used to feed those to their dog. YUCK. We never got candy except for Easter and Christmas so even though I didn't like candy corn and bubble gum I'd eat it but those Circus Peanuts were too horrible even for a candy deprived kid to choke down.
    Once Grandma even made homemade maple syrup candy. GAG!!!
    LOL...I hated those orange yuckies! :lol:
    Old 03-19-2010, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by tkhooper
    It seems to be starting. Today I had to go to JoAnn's and as I was leaving the house I saw a pillow that was the wrong color for the livingroom. So I made a mental note to use my 40% off fabric coupon and get a piece of fabric for that project too.

When I got to JoAnn's I found the most fabulous ultra suede with a running stitch floral pattern. It was the perfect color for my livingroom. So it immediately went in the basket. As the fabric was being cut I realized that I could have an entire house full of fabulous fabrics. And I felt a decided itch. Is this the beginning of the fabric addition?
    No doubt about it...you're one of us!
    Old 03-19-2010, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by raptureready
    Originally Posted by earlylace
    Originally Posted by tkhooper
    It seems to be starting. Today I had to go to JoAnn's and as I was leaving the house I saw a pillow that was the wrong color for the livingroom. So I made a mental note to use my 40% off fabric coupon and get a piece of fabric for that project too.

When I got to JoAnn's I found the most fabulous ultra suede with a running stitch floral pattern. It was the perfect color for my livingroom. So it immediately went in the basket. As the fabric was being cut I realized that I could have an entire house full of fabulous fabrics. And I felt a decided itch. Is this the beginning of the fabric addition?
    I found fabric today at my walmart, it was $1 a yd so I had to have for the stash! Didnt need it, had to have it ! There is no help for us.
    You are so lucky. THere are 6 Walmarts within 45 minutes of my home and not one of them still carry fabric. When they did, they were always busy but Sam's kids decided there wasn't any money in fabric so they took it out. Sam was a pretty sharp fellow, I think, his kids not so much.
    I'm fortunate our Walmart still has fabric...If it didn't, I wouldn't shop there. Their fabric is about the ONLY reason I there anymore.