Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Fabric Addiction >
  • Fabric Addiction

• Fabric Addiction

Old 03-14-2010, 02:57 AM

I love reading about the fabric addiction from all of you..
    I feel I know all of you....I read and laugh so hard ....
    Just love it!!!!!!
    Old 03-14-2010, 03:44 AM

I have two girls who are grown and on their own. Their bedrooms and the walk-in closet are now my sewing rooms. The closet serves as a fabric and clothing closet. Took the doors off and it is open and easy to get into. There is mostly fabric in there though. One small bedroom holds a quilt frame and the other bigger one is the main sewing room. I enjoy having the up stairs to my self.
    Old 03-14-2010, 03:46 AM

my guilt has diminished since this fabric addiction thread came about so needless to say my stash is growing rapidly it's a wonderful service this guilt intervention you have created for us all
    thank you for all your help and support lol lol
    memathaomas
    Old 03-14-2010, 04:09 AM

I had turned my upstairs into my sewing room (approx. 2000 sq ft.) Then my DH said, "What happens when the kids come home for a visit?" So finally I set up a couple of beds and even put a few chairs, a couch and a tv up there. It actually made an even better sewing room because now if I need a break or a nap everything is right there. Of course the rooms are still full of fabric and they have to live out of their suitcases because the closets and dressers are full but it's only for a week or two. And they also have to navigate around the tubs of stored fabric, the cutting tables, the machines, etc. :lol: I just love being up there--surrounded by all those fabrics, books, sewing machines, templates, and other things.
    Old 03-14-2010, 05:10 AM

I have the stach - where do I buy the "time" to use it all...thanks for all the comments - they are soo funny got my giggle for the day
    Old 03-14-2010, 05:13 AM

I'm a beginner and just have a little bitty stash. Today I decided that I would hang the lengths of fabric in one of the two walk in closets in the craftroom. That way I get a much better look at it. Plus the creases won't get any worse. It was so nice looking and touching each one. They are for the geisha window quilt that I plan to make next year. Well in the fall anyway. I'm very excited about it but I want to finish the sampler I'm doing now before I start that one.
    Old 03-14-2010, 09:50 AM
    Fox

To Irish Jan--there is a little pirate in all of us I think. We love our treasure chests of silks and cottons; wools and denims; and oh, those lovely patterns we pay so much to possess. YARRRGGHHH (As many times that I've whipped fabric out of stacks and felt the sting of a selvage hitting my eye--I should be wearing an eye patch!) We have our favorite shops X'd on our brains (X does mark the spot) and we can jump ship when we see the glint of their windows. But time, time is what we lack. So how does a good fabric-pirate handle such a problem?? We STEAL it, my dear!! If we've found the time to find the fabric, we can pillage the time to play with it! Long Live the Stash!! Arrggh
    Old 03-14-2010, 01:49 PM

Thank you Fox, now can you tell me how to get rid of a needy husband that wants me with him all the time so -that I have some space to "steal time" He does play a quitar - soes anyone need maybe a 3 hr seranade to get him out of my space????
    Old 03-14-2010, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Irish Jan
    Thank you Fox, now can you tell me how to get rid of a needy husband that wants me with him all the time so -that I have some space to "steal time" He does play a quitar - soes anyone need maybe a 3 hr seranade to get him out of my space????
    I found that threatening bodily harm works well. If that fails put him to work pressing, cutting, squaring up, etc.
    Old 03-14-2010, 02:51 PM
    Fox

I'd go along with threatening bodily harm...that works well. But after 41 years of marriage I found a unique way of handling that problem. He took a job on the east coast for two years, while I stay in the midwest. It's a little on the drastic side, but I do have time to myself to pillage and forage through my treasures...and he's out there on the coast scouting out new quilt shops for my next visit. "Quilt shop, on the horizon Matey!" So here now in the midwest I can haunt all the shops without him taking any notice. But you know, you could threaten him with an inspiration threat. See who can come up with new idea about a quilt, or a new (and exceptionally long song) about a quilt. If your husband is like mine...you'd lose. But he may give you more time if he didn't like the challenge!