Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Fabric Moratorium Update - Jan 2011 >
  • Fabric Moratorium Update - Jan 2011

• Fabric Moratorium Update - Jan 2011

Old 01-17-2011, 05:17 AM

Congrats to all who are 'successful' with not buying fabrics. I'm doing well too (it helps that I don't go out shopping!). :)

I love when pictures are posted of projects using stash...it's so motivating. Keep it up - they're AWESOME!!
    Old 01-17-2011, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by mirabelle
    Originally Posted by MarieM
    I was snowed in for several days off and on a few weeks ago so I made this project. I had all the fabrics and bought the pattern over a year ago. I planned to do it last winter but we never got snowed in (this year has more than made up for it). Now that I've been over 6 weeks not buying any fabric I just don't feel the urge to go shopping, its like I feel I can make due with what I have...and I can.

Marie M.
    Hi MarieM
    I love that pattern, is there a name????, I love challenging myself, with patterns that are outside the box
    It is a Judy Niemeyer pattern called Seasonal Table Runners. Her web site is www.Quiltworx.com. I went to a trunk show she did in Helena MT. What gorgeous piecing and quilting. She has so much energy. This was my first paper piecing project. I've done a few blocks but never an entire project. The pattern has enough foundation papers to do two runners. Maybe I'll have to look to see what other fabrics I have to make a second one. I even used the left over fabric to piece the back.
    Old 01-17-2011, 02:40 PM

I was snowed in for several days off and on a few weeks ago so I made this project. I had all the fabrics and bought the pattern over a year ago. I planned to do it last winter but we never got snowed in (this year has more than made up for it). Now that I've been over 6 weeks not buying any fabric I just don't feel the urge to go shopping, its like I feel I can make due with what I have...and I can.

Marie M.
    Hi MarieM
    I love that pattern, is there a name????, I love challenging myself, with patterns that are outside the box
    It is a Judy Niemeyer pattern called Seasonal Table Runners. Her web site is www.Quiltworx.com. I went to a trunk show she did in Helena MT. What gorgeous piecing and quilting. She has so much energy. This was my first paper piecing project. I've done a few blocks but never an entire project. The pattern has enough foundation papers to do two runners. Maybe I'll have to look to see what other fabrics I have to make a second one. I even used the left over fabric to piece the back.
    Thanks MarieM, I have seen some of her quilts and they are mind blowing, maybe table runners would be a great way to try out her patterns.
    Patterns are ok to purchase aren't they??????
    Old 01-17-2011, 02:49 PM

I went to Joann's today for batting and only got that and needles. Didn't even look at the flannels that are on sale. Found backing for the 4 baby tops I have pieced from my stash. Actually for 2 of them I used a sheet. Got new sheets at Goodwill. Last week got one for $4, today they were 1/2 priced. Lots of good fabric for kids quilts in sheets.

Pat
    Old 01-17-2011, 05:28 PM

Marie M.
    Hi MarieM
    Thanks MarieM, I have seen some of her quilts and they are mind blowing, maybe table runners would be a great way to try out her patterns.
    Patterns are ok to purchase aren't they??????
    Yes, I bought the pattern at the trunk show and bought the fabric at a later date. If I remember correctly she only had patterns at the trunk show, no kits. Good luck and let me know if you decide to do one.
    Old 01-17-2011, 08:46 PM

Hi MarieM
    I am so naughty, yes I bought the pattern, (don't tell DH) plus another. I have a box FULL of batiks so may start cutting into them to make this up.
    I love PPing takes the guess work out. I made my DH an Eagle wallhanging and it had over 600 pieces in it.
    Old 01-18-2011, 05:22 PM

Hi MarieM
    I am so naughty, yes I bought the pattern, (don't tell DH) plus another. I have a box FULL of batiks so may start cutting into them to make this up.
    I love PPing takes the guess work out. I made my DH an Eagle wallhanging and it had over 600 pieces in it.
    Post a picture. I'd really love to see it.
    Old 01-18-2011, 11:21 PM

Ok will do tomorrow afternoon, DH is due home any minute and I am busily cooking dinner (definitely not playing on the computer)
    Will post in pictures so hope you find it.
    Old 01-19-2011, 12:25 AM

Well done to you all- I am trying to "shop at home" at the moment too- not just for fabric either- waaay too much "stuff" in this house, and very little need to go out buying more. I am finding things I did not even remember I had bought. And it is already mine!

Stay strong everyone.
    Old 01-19-2011, 09:30 AM

Hanging my head in shame. I was at the store yesterday to choose some fabric for the next IRR round (can't always get from my stash for these) . . . walked past the FQ bundles and oh, the polka dots . . . brought some home. My first slip.

Beginning again today.