Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Fabric Prices Going Up....Again >
  • Fabric Prices Going Up....Again

• Fabric Prices Going Up....Again

Old 04-05-2011, 08:04 AM

Prices usually don't come down. Remember when gas was $4 a gallon before and everyone raise their rates. Then it drop and no one lower their prices. They are doing the same again. Some thing is going to have to give because they can't keep raising the prices and expecting people to buy when they don't get raises.
    Old 04-05-2011, 08:04 AM

Sad to say my LQS just closed. I am so sad :(
    Old 04-05-2011, 08:13 AM

Prices on fabric have steadily been going up for a long time. But somethings have lways been high. Approx 22 years ago I planned to make my husband nice dress pants- when I factored out the fabric, zipper, etc the cost at even that time was approx 80- that did not include the painstaking frustration of making them. Sewing in some respects has become a 'only those who can afford hobby' My mother talked of shoping for dress fabric at the grain mill. Chicken feed sacks were made of exactly one yard of fabric. The bags were in a variety of fabrics- Each dress required 3 yards so the next girl out of 5 who needed one got to pick the sacks- the guys working the grainery would have to move stacks and stacks of bags for ladies shopping this way to get the number of bags in a certain fabric.
    Old 04-05-2011, 08:19 AM

Everything seems to go up except our income-----but as along as we keep buying if we honestly do not need it------will never change. I have decided no more fabric unless I have to have it to finish something. I have never over bought anyway so it will not be an issue. I could never imagine buying a whole bolt or 60.00 worth of fabric at a time. If I run out---time for a different hobby I think. :lol:
    Old 04-05-2011, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by mommafank
    Everything seems to go up except our income-----but as along as we keep buying if we honestly do not need it------will never change. I have decide no more fabric unless I have to have it to finish something.
    I keep saying I'm going to do that too...until I see something at the LQS or online I can't do without--LOL
    Old 04-05-2011, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by newbee
    Everything seems to go up except our income-----but as along as we keep buying if we honestly do not need it------will never change. I have decide no more fabric unless I have to have it to finish something.
    I keep saying I'm going to do that too...until I see something at the LQS or online I can't do without--LOL
    I know------hard to keep ourselves in line----well we only live once as they say. And I often just tell myself I cannot take it with me. At least if we keep saying it, maybe one day we will do it. LOL
    Old 04-05-2011, 08:34 AM

I know------hard to keep ourselves in line----well we only live once as they say. And I often just tell myself I cannot take it with me. At least if we keep saying it, maybe one day we will do it. LOL
    Maybe someday--LOL--at least I keep saying that to myself! When I tell DH that I am only going to buy what I need he rolls his eyes. I think he is much more realistic than I am!!!
    Old 04-05-2011, 08:35 AM
    Power Poster

Ouch, that is a lot for a yard. Bargain fabrics here I come:-)
    Old 04-05-2011, 08:35 AM
    Banned

then it is time to do what I did at the beginning of the year...STOP getting the email notifications from the online shops...just UNSUB....

seriously....it is like an addiction and you have to own up to it and walk away from it...move on....

or else...

you end up with this!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]179959[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-179953.jpe  
    Old 04-05-2011, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
    then it is time to do what I did at the beginning of the year...STOP getting the email notifications from the online shops...just UNSUB....

seriously....it is like an addiction and you have to own up to it and walk away from it...move on....

or else...
    Well looks like you could go without buying for sometime if you could bear to go cold turkey. LOL