Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Fabric shopping in North Carolina >
  • Fabric shopping in North Carolina

• Fabric shopping in North Carolina

Old 09-10-2013, 04:37 PM
    yel

oh yes the fabric and foam outlet ....there are huge billboards black mt behind the pizza hut
    Old 09-10-2013, 04:38 PM

Quilters Loft Company

188 N. Main Street
    Mooresville NC 28115
    (704) 662-8660

Although I've not been inside their actual store, I've been doing a block of the week program with this shop since January. This is the quilt shop in North Carolina I'm going to visit at the end of this month. Each month they decorate their store windows and show pictures.
    Old 09-10-2013, 05:13 PM

Thimble Pleasures (http://www.thimblepleasures.com/) is a great shop near where you will be. If you like to cook, be sure to check out Southern Seasons. Have fun.
    Old 09-10-2013, 05:29 PM

racerh, unfortunately, some of the places mentioned (Asheville, Mooresville, and MaryJo's in Gastonia) are about three hours away.

I second Wish Upon a Quilt (Raleigh) and Thimble Pleasures (Chapel Hill). I just had a thought - here's a link to the area's shop hop, it's not when you'll be here, but you can use it's map. http://www.quiltcarolina.com/ There's two areas mentioned - the Triangle and the Triad. The Triangle is Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill area. The Triad is the Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point area about an hour and a half away.

Hope y'all have a nice trip. Try to have some NC-style barbeque while you're here.

Tate
    Old 09-10-2013, 06:06 PM

You cant beat Loving Stitches in Fayetteville , wonderful shop with the most amazing quilt teacher Annette Ornles.
    Old 09-11-2013, 02:24 AM

Mary Jo's in Gastonia NC is very good and they will ship your fabric home if you're flying in from CA. Also, about a mile from MJ is Sew Much Fun. They've recently expanded their store and they have LOTS of fabric. They will also ship your fabric if needed. Have FUN!!!
    Old 09-11-2013, 10:36 AM
    Banned

Thank you all for your responses, I am thinking that Mary Jo's may be just a bit far.... However I did contact most of the shops on the shop hop you gave me below and asked them if they had any deals going on during the time I will be there. Well, one shop surprised me and said to print the email and they would give me (just me) 20% off! Thanks again!
    Originally Posted by tate_elliott
    racerh, unfortunately, some of the places mentioned (Asheville, Mooresville, and MaryJo's in Gastonia) are about three hours away.

I second Wish Upon a Quilt (Raleigh) and Thimble Pleasures (Chapel Hill). I just had a thought - here's a link to the area's shop hop, it's not when you'll be here, but you can use it's map. http://www.quiltcarolina.com/ There's two areas mentioned - the Triangle and the Triad. The Triangle is Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill area. The Triad is the Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point area about an hour and a half away.

Hope y'all have a nice trip. Try to have some NC-style barbeque while you're here.

Tate
    Old 11-05-2013, 08:10 AM
    Banned

Update on quilt shops in North Carolina - I went to several of them and have to say my very FAVORITE with the best selection and most helpful staff was at the Cary Quilting Company. It is located in an old house and is just charming! I also enjoyed Bernina World and Once Upon a Quilt. The Mill Outlet Village had more upholstery fabric - not a great place for quilting fabrics. Did not make it to Mary Jo's - maybe next time.
    Old 11-05-2013, 02:53 PM

>>Cary Quilting Company. It is located in an old house and is just charming!
    Old 11-05-2013, 07:01 PM
    Banned

Sue I think they do have a handicapped ramp near the parking lot in the rear. give them a call and ask though