Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Fabric that is waiting patiently? >
  • Fabric that is waiting patiently?

• Fabric that is waiting patiently?

Old 05-15-2009, 02:34 AM

Hi Swan song,

What are wips? I have heard that used before.

Cyniree
    Old 05-15-2009, 05:16 AM
    Power Poster

Great question and got me thing so here goes:

red and white quilt cut out, has 20 different reds in it.

Yellow and blue quilt, have the center designed and made, havn't decided the next row, keep changing my mind.

black and white exchange, (cut some squares the wrong size and have to get more black today)

RR that I do with my cousin. The first panels are done and just received the squares for the second panels this week. have my round already planned, just need time to do it. We make 2 so each of us will have a quilt.

Solid olive 12in blocks that I am lap quilting and will have 8 in wide strips between for pretty quilting.

material for an Ohio Star that will be gift.

baby quilt for new grandbaby coming in October. Already designed just need to go to Mary Jo's and get the material.

new quilt for DH. (need to put his den quilt away , it's about worn out.)

Wow, I guess I had better get busy! :D

Ninnie
    Old 05-15-2009, 07:00 AM

sorry wrong person, I am new to this. I was wondering WIPS are. I know what UFOs are.

Thanks
    Old 05-15-2009, 07:16 AM

WIP stands for Work In Progress.
    Old 05-15-2009, 02:46 PM
    Power Poster

ok, I have a post that i return to every week or two, for this years projects, that I hope to get to and finish...we'll see, but i can say, happily, that I have accomplished more sewing/quilting this year...didn't say i finished, lol...have put in more time, towards the planning, drawing with a light box, appl. patterns, graphed, filed, looked up-printed, you name it, have done more 'stuff' that applies to quilting/sewing this year, 2009, than I have in any one year, in five months time, than I have in past 2-3 years! That's a great feeling. I'm not focusing so much on how much is finished. Not saying, finishing doesn't matter...of course that is the goal, but I am learning to not get discouraged, and follow my 'wiring', instead of fighting it.
    here are current projects I am actively jumping around on:
    1- a surprise project, that i plan to cut out, hopefully, over weekend
    2 - wall hanging for a friend, fabrics will be washed tomorrow
    3 - new tote bag, fabrics to be washed tomorrow
    4 - start cutting on chicken blocks....been working on patterns, and washing fabrics...cluck, cluck, these are slow chickens, lol...not chicken soup - chicken droop!!! :lol:
    5 - will be washing fabrics for a wall hanging for me, with batiks, woo hoo, sometime this week.
    6 - want to get my new curtains hung this week, so i can start planning throw pillows, and hop on new rocker cushions.
    7 - get back to grandbaby #2's princess quilt some time in next week or week and a half. that's enough right there, to keep anybody moving.
    (and 7 is my favorite number, lol! :wink: )
    Old 05-15-2009, 02:57 PM

All of my fabric is impatiently waiting and here I sit writing on the quilting message board. :lol: :? :lol: Oh, niece is impatiently waiting too. She has a quilt on the to do list. Oh well....
    Old 05-15-2009, 03:00 PM
    Power Poster

hey, K, (C, waving across ocean :mrgreen: )...now you have to respond to me, with some cheering on, lol...don't want me to feel left out, lol :wink:

Swan...nobody's gonna yell, we like looking over each other's shoulders, to assure ourselves that we are doing ok. Cheer you on, yes...but nobody is on top of it all,...unless they have resigned not to do a darn thing...then maybe they are accomplishing that.
    Some have good reason though, and we are here for them, till they can get back on bicycle :D
    your a nurse, and you still run a household and quilt, I would say that's a lot right there, and you manage to stay in touch with us...and we like that a lot! :D
    Old 05-15-2009, 03:10 PM
    Power Poster

hey, K, (C, waving across ocean :mrgreen: )...now you have to respond to me, with some cheering on, lol...don't want me to feel left out, lol :wink:

Swan...nobody's gonna yell, we like looking over each other's shoulders, to assure ourselves that we are doing ok.
    Cheer you on, yes...but nobody is on top of it all,...
    unless they have resigned not to do a darn thing...then maybe they are accomplishing that.
    Some have good reason though, and we are here for them, till they can get back on bicycle :D
    your a nurse, and you still run a household and quilt, I would say that's a lot right there, and you manage to stay in touch with us...and we like that a lot! :D
    Old 05-15-2009, 03:31 PM

does it count if they're wip's in your head??? I have more "planned projects" and fabric than I can ever use up- but hey, it's good to have something to fall back on, right???
    Cheryl
    Old 05-15-2009, 04:53 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by rismstress
    does it count if they're wip's in your head??? I have more "planned projects" and fabric than I can ever use up- but hey, it's good to have something to fall back on, right???
    Cheryl
    right! Just be careful how you fall and don't go breaking any bones like on bevanger's post.
    My list was just things I am actually working on, right now...I have so much fabric...can't even stuff all those ideas, between my ears...i try, but they keep falling out....ew, ew, funny story...got to go post, trying not to hijack....brb, lol! :D