Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • FabShopHop questions >
  • FabShopHop questions

• FabShopHop questions

Old 06-02-2011, 05:48 PM

I have done all of the above....started with A...started with K (my last name)....started with favorite shops....searched til I found the silly rabbit....given up and come back later. I have even written the shop and asked for a clue. I have not done a complete one lately. Not enough hours in the day.
    Old 06-02-2011, 06:42 PM

I love the fabshophop. I usually search until I find all the patterns, then if I have time I try to fine as many bunnies as I can. I've made two of their quilts so far.
    Old 06-02-2011, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Airwick156
    I sign in in the member area...and then I click on Shops Not Visited. And they are all there. Makes it easier for me. And you can also check and see what shops you already visited.
    ditto! I started with the first letter of my last name ONE time and it confused me (it was my first hop) so I just go A to Z sometimes I get bored and start at the Zs and back and forth. lol If you click on refresh it will take a way the pages that you have already found the bunny on and send them to the "visited" page. lol
    I found all the "hidden" blocks. Usually I don't mess with them but I really like this one!
    Old 06-03-2011, 07:36 AM

Well, I did some searching last night & found 4 bunnies but no quilt blocks & THAT is what I really want! I love that quilt design! I'm not too lucky a person so I never count on winning anything, but boy do I want those blocks!
    Maureen
    Old 06-03-2011, 08:53 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by xsquilter
    Well, I did some searching last night & found 4 bunnies but no quilt blocks & THAT is what I really want! I love that quilt design! I'm not too lucky a person so I never count on winning anything, but boy do I want those blocks!
    Maureen
    :lol: Hi, xsquilter Are you talking about the the Celebration Sampler Blocks or another block? For the celebration block I read that they skip around, one place one day and then the same block will be at another place another day. I have gone to 71 stores and only have found 6 of the 17 Blocks. Guess I'll have to revisit some sites. BrendaK
    Old 06-03-2011, 09:45 AM

BrendaK-yes the Celebration Sampler. Thanks for the info. Soooo, I'll keep looking.
    Maureen
    Old 06-03-2011, 09:56 AM

I am gonna sound nutty here........but please explain to those of us who have never done this........how to find the place to start, how to do it? Do you find really good prices? free patters? what....I havent ever done this and am wondering what it is all about.......am I the only one?
    Old 06-03-2011, 10:04 AM
    Power Poster

i just start with clicking on the list on unfound bunnies and start at the top- sometimes i do the first one- then the last and bounce back and forth from top to bottom on the list- sometimes i go straight down the list- once in a great while i might just randomly click on shops for awhile---just to do something different
    Old 06-03-2011, 10:13 AM
    Power Poster

visit the "FABSHOPHOP" (lowercase)
    then you will find a list of over 150 shops around the country participating. you visit each shop and locate a bunnie- click on it- it takes you back to the shop hop page- you register your bunnie-then go find more...there are drawings, all kinds of prize packages and you have the resource of 150+ shops...some (most) of them offer monthly gift certificate drawings if you sign up to recieve their newsletter- they usually have special shop hop sales- the hop itself gives you free block patterns (sometimes) and plenty of drawings-
    you can find good sales- high prices- an amazing selection of fabrics, notions, patterns...its funny how out of 150+ shops---no two are anything alike...they all carry their own special selections...offer their own (take on the craft) the shop hop happens something like 10 times a year...but you have the whole month to find the bunnies and be qualified for all of the prize drawing. i've actually been doing the hop for 10 years now===and even though i've never been a really lucky one and received one of the big prizes i have won some great prizes! gift certificates, fabric collections- fq bundles-
    i usually check to see how many shops there are (it varies hop-to-hop) then i divide that number by the day's in the month so i know how many i need to find each day- sometimes i don't get to any---and i have to get a few extra next time...it all works out-
    there are people who first day sit down and don't get back up until they have found them all---that is cool in ways BUT you really limit your prize chances...they have daily drawings and double drawings on Saturdays- so as long as you find at least one bunny each day you are in that day's drawings...if you find them all day 1---you are not in 29-30 drawings...bumber...
    Originally Posted by 4dogs
    I am gonna sound nutty here........but please explain to those of us who have never done this........how to find the place to start, how to do it? Do you find really good prices? free patters? what....I havent ever done this and am wondering what it is all about.......am I the only one?
    Old 06-03-2011, 10:17 AM

I go to the 'shops not visited' link and start from the top.