Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • FabShopHop questions >
  • FabShopHop questions

• FabShopHop questions

Old 06-02-2011, 12:08 PM

I have done the Fabshophop a couple times and even won $10 gift certificate. I just finished the May hop on the 30th and am getting ready to start June's.

My question is, "How do you start the hop?" I usually start with the first letter of my last name like the rules say to. But just once, I want to be naughty and start with "A" instead of "B". LOL!!

Do you ever go to another shop if you can't find the bunny and come back later to look for it? Or are you like me, keep looking until you find the stubborn bunny, no matter how long it takes you? LOL!!
    Old 06-02-2011, 12:15 PM

I usually start with my favorite shops.
    Old 06-02-2011, 12:19 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by SherriB
    I have done the Fabshophop a couple times and even won $10 gift certificate. I just finished the May hop on the 30th and am getting ready to start June's.

My question is, "How do you start the hop?" I usually start with the first letter of my last name like the rules say to. But just once, I want to be naughty and start with "A" instead of "B". LOL!!

Do you ever go to another shop if you can't find the bunny and come back later to look for it? Or are you like me, keep looking until you find the stubborn bunny, no matter how long it takes you? LOL!!
    :D I am like you I need to find the bunny. Sometimes I have found myself looking at everying that is printed on the site. Most of the time there are clues and you just need to figure them out. There are some sites that don't put the bunny on right away, I'll go back to them after a couple of days and there he is. Can they tell when you don't start where they want you to. Most of the time I just do my last name and then go to "A" and go down from there. Congrats on winning something. I have not won anything but I still keep plugging along. Good luck to us for this month. BrendaK
    Old 06-02-2011, 12:43 PM

I start with my last name sometimes. :D I have also started with Z a few times. :D :D
    Old 06-02-2011, 12:57 PM

I usually start with my last name, but sometimes I just go alphabetically.
    Old 06-02-2011, 01:01 PM

I usually start with the letter of my last name. However, if I can't find the bunny within a few clicks, I move on to the next one.
    Old 06-02-2011, 01:25 PM

I start with the first letter of my last name, but it's "B" so when I finish the group under B, I go the the top of the list. If I don't find the bunny in a few clicks, I note that and go to the next shop. After I finish the whole list, I go back to the shops that have given me trouble. I'm a little OCD so I don't give up until I either find all the bunnies or the month is over.
    Old 06-02-2011, 02:20 PM

I sign in in the member area...and then I click on Shops Not Visited. And they are all there. Makes it easier for me. And you can also check and see what shops you already visited.
    Old 06-02-2011, 02:31 PM
    QKO

The only reason they suggest you start the hop with the letter corresponding to your name is that they're trying to smooth out the web traffic on the shops. A lot of the shop websites have limited bandwidth, so if everyone started at the top and a lot of people were on the same shop at the same time, you might get really slow response. In some cases you might even bring the shop website to it's knees.

Whatever you do, don't get frustrated in trying to find a bunny. If you look for it for awhile and don't find it, there's nothing wrong with sending the shop an email and asking them where it is.

It's supposed to be fun!!! :mrgreen:

OBTW, our bunny is always on our customer comments page. :mrgreen:
    Old 06-02-2011, 05:38 PM

I've only done the May hop. I started with my last name, then went to the shops I knew and those I liked the name of. Then I went to the Not Visited list and went through that, but I skipped around.

I was going to say what QKO said. They need to even out the traffic. And I think it helps to start late. Traffic may be lighter. I have dialup so it makes a difference for me. Haven't started June yet.