Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • A Farewell to Konstantin >
  • A Farewell to Konstantin

• A Farewell to Konstantin

Old 02-04-2011, 07:03 PM

so sad to see gorilla go hope he and his sweetie will be happy :!: :!: ;-) :? :? :oops: and a big welcome to Talia Rose :wink: ;) ;-) :!:
    Old 02-06-2011, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Candace
    Originally Posted by JJs
    I'm sure K made bookoodles of bucks on that transaction... so I don't think you have to feel too sorry for him.... does, "independently wealthy' mean anything to you....

Internet Brands, Inc. (NASDAQ:INET) is a leading Internet media company that operates community and e-commerce web sites in the automotive, careers, home, shopping, and travel and leisure categories. With a flexible and scalable platform, Internet Brands operates a rapidly growing network of websites that offer consumers the ability to share information through extensive online communities and make informed purchasing decisions.

Internet Brands’ sites are often leaders in their categories and have received dozens of best-in-class awards. Over 95% of the traffic to our websites is from non-paid sources.

Traffic Statistics Total Monthly Unique Visitors: 37 million Total Monthly Page Views: 620 million Source: Google Analytics, June 2008

and then they aren't doing too shabby either....

(Reuters) - Private equity firm Hellman & Friedman on Monday agreed to acquire internet media company Internet Brands INET.O for $640 million in cash.

I don't think I like the idea of 'them' owning 'my' posts.... bye
    Once we post something on any forum, it's out there for the public eye. I don't remember anything about an entity "owning" my posts in the registration part of the forum. I do appreciate the info. but hope that the forum will continue onwards and upwards
    :thumbup: Welcome to the new admin.
    I thought that this was a private quilting board where our post would only be viewed by the members, not the "public eye". I'm not very comfortable with that either.Could you please answer this for me?
    Old 02-06-2011, 12:53 PM

I have posted private personal family situations because I thought I was talking to friends that I made on a private web forum. I would not have done so if I had thought they were put put out there for everyone to see. Would someone please answer my question? Is this quilting forum private or public?
    Old 02-06-2011, 01:05 PM

WE have visitors all the time it is a public forum. PM's are the only private thing on here.
    Old 02-06-2011, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Up North
    WE have visitors all the time it is a public forum. PM's are the only private thing on here.
    Thank you for answering my question.I only wish I had known that before I made so many friends here. I will miss you all and think of you often. I don't know if this will get deleted,it probaby will. But be carefull before you say anything presonal. Goodbye and happy quilting.
    Old 02-06-2011, 01:24 PM
    Administrator

i see no reason to delete this. i remind members often that we are swimming in an internet fishbowl. that's why i also constantly ask that we watch what we say and how we say it.

as long as you don't say anything you wouldn't say over a loudspeaker at the mall, there's nothing to worry about. ;-)

anything you consider private and personal should not be posted here for the world to read.
    Old 02-06-2011, 01:34 PM

Thanks ParticeJ I was just telling it like it is! Anytime you Google anything close to what you wrote it does come up.
    Old 02-06-2011, 02:14 PM

Another good-bye to Konstantin, best wishes on your new adventure..

Hello and welcome to TaliaRose.. I'm also from Southern Calif.. I was born and raised in the Sunland/Tujunga area.. Lived there and in San Diego until I was in my 40's.. Now I'm living in S.W. Missouri..

Welcome to the head of the line, I hope you find that this is a great bunch of people. Very quick, very funny, and very helpful! Have fun getting to know everyone!
    Old 02-06-2011, 02:56 PM

Welcome Talia Rose and a fond farewell to Konstantin. Thanks for the memories.!! And Congrats.
    Old 02-06-2011, 05:16 PM

Goodbye to the Big Guy This board has sure been a life saver in many ways for me Welcome to Talia Rose You will be a quilter before too long it is addicting. Patrice as always you go way out of your way keeping us all grounded You are certainly blessed