Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Fat quilts for "fluffy" people >
  • Fat quilts for "fluffy" people

• Fat quilts for "fluffy" people

Old 10-19-2010, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by marymc
    Originally Posted by scrappylouisa
    Weigh In this morning........I lost 2.4 pounds. So I get to make 2 more blocks.
    Wonderful. You must be doing something right! Any tips you want to share with us? Recipes, routines, exorsizes, etc? It's fun to hear what others do to keep them on track. As an example, I have my son or husband clear left overs so I am not tempted to have a little bit more.
    I keep a journal of the foods I eat daily. I have to make a eating plan each morning and post on the frig.....that way I don't have to decide what to eat when I'm hungry. I've been walking daily. I started out at 15 minutes a day and add 15 minutes each week until I'm walking 1 hour a day. These are the things that help me with my weight loss.
    Old 10-19-2010, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by scrappylouisa
    Weigh In this morning........I lost 2.4 pounds. So I get to make 2 more blocks.
    Congrats!!!!!
    Old 10-19-2010, 07:33 AM

Here's another one. I'm having so much fun making these. :)
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-94644.jpe  
    Old 10-19-2010, 07:36 AM

You're doing great! The quilt will be done before you know it.

Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
    Here's another one. I'm having so much fun making these. :)
    Old 10-19-2010, 07:47 AM
    Banned

I haven't been around for a few days. Everyones blocks are so pretty. I am discouraged another week without losing an oz. I guess I better go live on some tropical island where no quilts are need becasue at the rate I am going I won't have a fat quilt. I won't even have a pot holder ............sigh........
    Old 10-19-2010, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    I haven't been around for a few days. Everyones blocks are so pretty. I am discouraged another week without losing an oz. I guess I better go live on some tropical island where no quilts are need becasue at the rate I am going I won't have a fat quilt. I won't even have a pot holder ............sigh........
    Don't be discouraged you will succeed. Are you keeping a journal of what you are eating? It may help. Just a thought.
    No matter what you will win.
    Looking forward to your square next week.
    :thumbup:
    Old 10-19-2010, 10:19 AM

Please don't get discouraged. we all have struggles. |Just take it one hour at a time. And rejoice in every accomplishment. Remember it takes 3000 calories to make a pound so even if it doesn't seem like you are losing cutting/burning those calories will help. I treat myself to a piece of chocolate every night. Some will say you can't lose weight that way but as long as I have cut that 100 calories somewhere I else I can. I look everyday for somewhere to cut those calories and I find that I can always find a place to cut back. 1 tbsp salad dressing instead of 2. Jelly on my toast without the butter, Or an extra helping of green beens instead of the other half of my baked potato. Small steps that all add up. You can do this Trupeach, just stay with us!!
    Old 10-19-2010, 12:00 PM

Keep at it! And remember, even Hawaiians make quilts. ;)
    Old 10-19-2010, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by marymc
    Please don't get discouraged. we all have struggles. |Just take it one hour at a time. And rejoice in every accomplishment. Remember it takes 3000 calories to make a pound so even if it doesn't seem like you are losing cutting/burning those calories will help. I treat myself to a piece of chocolate every night. Some will say you can't lose weight that way but as long as I have cut that 100 calories somewhere I else I can. I look everyday for somewhere to cut those calories and I find that I can always find a place to cut back. 1 tbsp salad dressing instead of 2. Jelly on my toast without the butter, Or an extra helping of green beens instead of the other half of my baked potato. Small steps that all add up. You can do this Trupeach, just stay with us!!
    I applaud you!! [clap, clap, clap, clap clap] I have read that this approach is reality. Completely removing things that you love will not last long. I'm not one to talk. I've lost twenty pounds several times. And I bring it all back by going back to my old ways. Now I've got 35 to lose. It's a losing battle for me. even on my sewing days, I find myself going to the kitchen every once in a while for a "bite." I think I need to have my jaws wired.
    Old 10-19-2010, 02:25 PM

Ladies! I have to say I love all the pictures of your blocks and the fabrics you have chosen. We are going to have some fabulous "fluffy quilts"! Good job! Keep going!