Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Fat quilts for "fluffy" people >
  • Fat quilts for "fluffy" people

• Fat quilts for "fluffy" people

Old 10-30-2010, 08:02 PM

I'm ok. Been a little depressed. I'm trying to get pregnant and my body just isn't cooperating. I'm hoping that the new meds kick in soon. I want to be a mommy already. lol
    Old 10-30-2010, 10:39 PM

I am about a month behind. I just saw this thread. I am a fluffy person who had lost 13 pounds and am also a newbie at quilting. I would like to try this. how do I begin?
    Old 10-31-2010, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by lepeercy
    I am about a month behind. I just saw this thread. I am a fluffy person who had lost 13 pounds and am also a newbie at quilting. I would like to try this. how do I begin?
    Hi! Congrats on your weight loss!

Just decide on a block and make one block for each pound you lose. Post your loss; post pix of your weight loss quilt as you proceed on your journey. The quilt top will grow as you shrink!

I plan on losing a LOT of weight, so I decided to make smallish blocks, since big blocks would make a huge quilt.
    Old 10-31-2010, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by patimint
    Originally Posted by StitchinJoy
    Here's the start of my shrinking quilt. As I shrink, the quilt grows.

I've lost 42 lbs since April.

These are 4" Hourglass blocks, to represent the hourglass shape I am aiming toward (rather than the apple shape I am now!), and the hours of work it takes to achieve it.

I'm sewing from stash so I decided to do a rainbow. Lots and lots of colors, with a black as background. The black fabric is a leaf print (I have a bolt of it) because I'm turning over a new leaf! And moving from dark to light, as I move to lighten up!
    Way to go. What a neat way to thing of your quilt. Hope you don't mind, I copied it and hung it in my sewing room. Keep up the good work. I have only lost 30 lbs & it took me a year. Now I have to work on the remaining 50.

Pati, I'm flattered that you copied my quilt. I have way more to lose so I will be on the journey with you for a long time. I plan on eating this way for the rest of my life. Since I have lost way more than 10% of my body weight, my dr tells me that my life will be two years longer. Celebrating that!!!! Woohoo!

Thanks to you all for encouragement and support. This group is great.

I lost 2 more lbs, for 44 lbs total weight loss, and so I got to finish another row. Here's the Hourglass quilt so far.

Hourglass Quilt 44 blocks
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]116266[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-116261.jpe  
    Old 10-31-2010, 07:33 AM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I love the way the colors move in your quilt. You are doing a fabulous job losing weight. WOOHOO!!!!!
    Old 10-31-2010, 07:49 AM

Very impressive Donna!
    Old 10-31-2010, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
    I'm ok. Been a little depressed. I'm trying to get pregnant and my body just isn't cooperating. I'm hoping that the new meds kick in soon. I want to be a mommy already. lol
    What ever you do, do NOT give up. At the age of 19 years old they diagnosed me with Endometriosis. I had the surgery and was basically covered in the stuff...Stage 3. After much prayer I was blessed not once but twice. The two on the left were my miracles and the oldest daugher on the right was my "Bonus Baby" I got when I married my 2nd husband :D The LOVE to remind me when they are being crazy...."Don't forget mom....you like prayed to God to have us....see you gotta be careful what you pray for!!" ROFL :D

Being silly with traditional Christmas Eve PJs/Undies
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]116798[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-116793.jpe  
    Old 11-01-2010, 04:26 AM

Monday morning weigh in....I lost another 1.4 pounds! Total for October is 6.2. Feels so good to be eating better. November I will work harder on exorsizing as well as continue eating healthy. Today I need to make blocks since I never got last weeks done. Woohoo! See you all in couple hours when I take a break.
    Old 11-01-2010, 04:55 AM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Good morning all! I'm hoping for a much better week, not in the weight loss area but for my DD. Well I sat down and made 2 more blocks this morning for my quilt. I need to get more serious with the weight loss for the next 2 months or thanksgiving and Christmas are gonna ruin all that I have done. Time to get off here and get ready to take DD to the urologist and see what they are gonna do about her kidney stones. Hope you all have a beautiful Monday.
    Old 11-01-2010, 05:21 AM

Well you can count me in as well. I really like the idea of the hourglass blocks. I want to lost at least 40 lbs, but I think I need to lose closer to 60 lbs. Need to lay off the candy and sweets. I also like the idea of using the fruit and veggie fabrics. Will weigh myself this morning and get going on it.

Thanks for the incentive.