Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Fat quilts for "fluffy" people >
  • Fat quilts for "fluffy" people

• Fat quilts for "fluffy" people

Old 11-04-2010, 09:23 AM

I'd like to join you. How on Earth do I decide on a quilt block? I'm thinking of maybe a throw for the back of the couch - possibly purple, rose and pink, but I will hard time deciding on a pattern. Your avatars make me want to do so many, but I don't want a sampler. I'm backed up with aprons for a bazaar right now, but next week, I'll make my decision. I need to take into consideration my lack of skill as a quilter.

This is exciting.
    Old 11-04-2010, 11:12 AM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by Jennifer22206
    Thanks CJ! So far I'm down 41 pounds since I started my weight loss journey in March
    That is fabulous. I am down 29 so far but I can't tell you when I started losing.
    Old 11-04-2010, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
    I finally have a chance to relax. My DH's brother and his family are in town from Seattle, it's always fun to see them but it means we have to interact with DH's parents. We don't get along with them. We have tried to fix the relationship but they won't budge. They are the kind of ppl that can write a child off and never contact them again.

I haven't done any exercise so I have cut back on the amount of food I eat and so far so good, no weight gain. YAY!!! I am hoping to get back into the exercise routine soon. Infact I lost 5 pounds last month. I probably already posted that but I can't remember. LOL.

Quilting Nana you are such a wonderful positive person and I love the way you motivate each of us. I feel like I have my own Nana here helping me out.
    Thank you for the kind words.
    Tomorrow is our weigh in day.
    I have not been able to exercise this week also. I have had a cold and a cough. I guess we will see tomorrw.
    I am sorry you had to deal with your in-laws. But they are gone now. Back t normal.
    Old 11-04-2010, 07:41 PM
    Power Poster

Nana I don't want to step on the scale. I had Enchiladas with spanish rice and refried beans. The Enchiladas had ground beef, cheese, bell peppers, yellow onoins, black olives and chopped lettuce, oh can't forget the corn tortilla's. I topped it with sour creme and green chili salsa. I also had Mazzetta's pickled carrots and cauliflower. I can't resist Mexican food. I have to make my own because I am a spoiled ex-Californian when it comes to Mexican restaurants and their delicious food. Here in Ky. the Mexican food is just ok.
    After reading all that I sound like a pig but I had my one plate and that was it.
    Old 11-04-2010, 07:51 PM

I'm not even gonna tell you what I ate today...

Tomorrow is another day!
    Old 11-04-2010, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
    Nana I don't want to step on the scale. I had Enchiladas with spanish rice and refried beans. The Enchiladas had ground beef, cheese, bell peppers, yellow onoins, black olives and chopped lettuce, oh can't forget the corn tortilla's. I topped it with sour creme and green chili salsa. I also had Mazzetta's pickled carrots and cauliflower. I can't resist Mexican food. I have to make my own because I am a spoiled ex-Californian when it comes to Mexican restaurants and their delicious food. Here in Ky. the Mexican food is just ok.
    After reading all that I sound like a pig but I had my one plate and that was it.
    Yummy!! Sounds great. I'll bet you ate less than what you usually eat.
    Now back on schedule.
    :)
    I will report tomorrow.
    Old 11-05-2010, 07:15 AM

Today is my weigh in day. I thought I would not lose any weight because I was sick with a cold and bad cough so I could not do any exercise.
    I usually walk 2 miles a day 3 days a week at a fast pace.
    This week all I could do is cough up a lung.
    But I guess that is exercise because I lost 2.2 pounds.
    That brings me up to a grand total of 15.2 pounds. I am working on my quilt but I am not making squares. I am making a quilt background and adding leaves for each pound. Almost finished with the background.
    Thanks for listening to me. It helps to have a team of freinds to help you along the way.
    Old 11-05-2010, 09:25 AM

Quilting Nana, that's wonderful. I love you leaves idea and I can't wait to see it! Isn't it great what support from others can help us achieve?!
    Old 11-05-2010, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by marymc
    Quilting Nana, that's wonderful. I love you leaves idea and I can't wait to see it! Isn't it great what support from others can help us achieve?!
    I LOVE the support. It really helps.
    Old 11-05-2010, 11:55 AM
    Power Poster

Nana I am not weighing in today. DH and little man have the stomach virus so I won't be going to my folks house where the scale is. My folks don't need to be exposed to this crud, My Dad is a long haul truck driver.