Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Fat quilts for "fluffy" people >
  • Fat quilts for "fluffy" people

• Fat quilts for "fluffy" people

Old 11-15-2010, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
    My first weigh in since I started thinking about my latest weight loss endeavor. I only lost a pound, but I also lost an inch from my waist. I feel better - more in control of several facets of my life - so I'm not giving up. If it takes 25 weeks, then I have more time to collect my fabrics. I have to count inches, too, because my quilt has 49 squares and I need to lose 25 pounds. 2 down and ? to go!

Thank you to this thread for an incentive.
    CONGRATULATIONS on your pound. Great news.
    Old 11-15-2010, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
    As I get older I long for friends to sit and chat with, maybe that is why I am on here so much.
    That's exactly why I'm on here. I went "country" when I left LA and none of my old friends relate to me. I learned to can foods, quilt, knit, dress a duck, and I listen to country music now too. I LOVE that I've learned so much and have such different interests but that leaves me with not many friends who I can chat to about those interests. I'm really thankful I found this forum because I have made such good friends!
    Old 11-16-2010, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
    Originally Posted by cjomomma
    As I get older I long for friends to sit and chat with, maybe that is why I am on here so much.
    That's exactly why I'm on here. I went "country" when I left LA and none of my old friends relate to me. I learned to can foods, quilt, knit, dress a duck, and I listen to country music now too. I LOVE that I've learned so much and have such different interests but that leaves me with not many friends who I can chat to about those interests. I'm really thankful I found this forum because I have made such good friends!
    I'll be your "country friend" anytime !
    All I am missing on your list is dressing a duck.
    Everyone thinks we are nuts for living out here.
    DH has guys at work asking how he got me to move here and if I like it and isn't it too far from the mall?
    I say NO! Hate shopping unless it is for fabric :thumbup:
    I don't even grocery shop much!
    And that's the truth! Just look in my fridge-DH thinks I should buy groceries :lol: but it is better for my diet if I don't fill it up. He is losing weight too because there is nothing in there to snack on!
    (We spent some time in K Falls - DH is a graduate from OIT)
    Old 11-16-2010, 10:02 PM

My DH is going to OIT! lol What a small world. Actually, it must be Oregon because I never ran into anyone I knew when I lived in LA. Since moving here I run into people I know, or people who know Klamath, all the time. :)

I thought I'd puke the first time I dressed a duck but it was easy.
    Old 11-18-2010, 05:12 PM

Is it to late to join? I am new to quilting. I don't have any stash. I need to lose around sixty pounds. Always doing for my kids and granddaughters never anything for myself. The only friends are work friends. Would love to have something I can call my own and know that I accomplished it two ways. Learning to quilt and lose weight at the same time. I live from pay check to pay check and not even sure how to calculate how much fabric is needed. See really a newbie!!!!
    Old 11-18-2010, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by dogles
    Is it to late to join? I am new to quilting. I don't have any stash. I need to lose around sixty pounds. Always doing for my kids and granddaughters never anything for myself. The only friends are work friends. Would love to have something I can call my own and know that I accomplished it two ways. Learning to quilt and lose weight at the same time. I live from pay check to pay check and not even sure how to calculate how much fabric is needed. See really a newbie!!!!
    Of course you can join. The more the merrier.
    Old 11-18-2010, 05:25 PM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by dogles
    Welcome!! I think it is hard to determine the amount of fabric needed for a quilt like this unless you know what design you want to make and the size of blocks to make. Mine is scrappy with 9in. blocks so I don't need any certain fabric. Let us know what you decide to make.
    Old 11-18-2010, 05:32 PM

CJmomma, are you going to make your block? Would love to see it!!! Congratulations losing a pound.....maybe by now your've lost another.

Good job!
    Old 11-18-2010, 05:34 PM

I am excited about this, I have been on this site for a while and tonight is the first time I have seen this topic! So I will read up and see what all it involved.I need to loose bout 90-100 (havn't weighed myself in awhile) ha ha.

Rae
    Old 11-18-2010, 05:38 PM

Pm me with your adress, I will help you out by sending you a few pieces of fabric. That is if you are not fussy bout your fabric, I have always done scrap quilts and used whatever I come across,buying lots of 25 cent shirts and the like at yard sales lol. So if you don't mind scraps just pm me with your address, and I can send an envelope.

Rae