Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Fat quilts for "fluffy" people >
  • Fat quilts for "fluffy" people

• Fat quilts for "fluffy" people

Old 12-16-2010, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
    Don't feel bad Mary! I made a pig of myself this weekend. For the last 2 weeks I have felt like I was starving and nothing would stop it. So I ate and ate and this morning I'm not hungry and can get back on track and stay on it. I had not had any cheat days in months so I guess I was due 1 or 2! LOL!! I weighed Wed. and I was 236.5 then I weighed Fri. and I was 234.5, Dec 1st I was 233.5. I think my body I'd going thru changes and it's causing my weight to fluctuate. I keep wanting to hit that 230.0 mark but it seems so far away. Oh well, I know I will get there eventually.
    Your weight keeps going down I pray for that kind of fluctuations. :-) You are doing a great job!! I am proud of your progress. You are doing it and 230 is not that far away.
    This is a stressful time of the year and the stress causes me to eat. I know I am not hungry but that is how I deal with anything.
    You are successful and you will continue to be successful.
    Old 12-16-2010, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by quilter on the eastern edge
    I feel I had a successful weekend controlling my eating. We went to a family pot luck on Saturday night and I did well. I managed to keep my hand out of the chip bowl -- major success for me. Then from the buffet I had some of two different green salads, a small piece of ham, a spoonful or two of baked beans and some chicken pot pie - yummo! I have to admit I did have a second helping of the c-p-p because it was soooo good. Then one small dish of dessert which was a Weight Watchers recipe - not so much damage as a regular dessert.

I've thrown my shoulder out of joint patting myself on the back!! :lol:
    I'll help you.
    PAT PAT PAT I am patting you on the back. Great job.
    Old 12-16-2010, 08:24 AM

I am so sorry that you had such a loss in your lives. I pray for all of your dreams to be fulfilled.
    Old 12-17-2010, 08:53 AM

Today is Friday my weigh in day. I have indulged in a few cookies and goodies this week but I have also done my exercises and if I eat junk have not eaten dinner. So I was shocked to see that I lost 2.8 pounds. That brings me to a total loss of 24 pounds. One more pound and I am half way there.
    Thank you for all of your support it really helps.
    Old 12-17-2010, 09:04 AM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by Quilting Nana
    Today is Friday my weigh in day. I have indulged in a few cookies and goodies this week but I have also done my exercises and if I eat junk have not eaten dinner. So I was shocked to see that I lost 2.8 pounds. That brings me to a total loss of 24 pounds. One more pound and I am half way there.
    Congratulation!! That is so great.
    Old 12-17-2010, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Quilting Nana
    Wow that's great... I wish I was on the downward trend.... nope gained back 5 lbs of the nine I lost in November :( .... not even going to weigh this month because of the water damage to our floor where the scale was most accurate.... I'll weigh at the drs. in Jan. when DH goes in for his quarterly check up.
    Old 12-20-2010, 05:04 AM

Weighed in today and I lost! Lost enough to make up for last weeks gain and still show a loss. Down 9 pounds now. Kind of a difficult week for eating healthy. Both DH and I have colds, son out of town so less inclined to cook a nice meal and celebrated our baby girls graduation from college on Saturday. Had so much fun with her and the 2 sons and GF who could be there. DH was too sick to join us for the celebration dinner. I am so proud of her!!
    Old 12-20-2010, 05:55 AM

Congrats Mary!

Congrats to everyone who has done such an amazing job during this month which is famous for food!

I was doing really well and then on Thursday our dog ran away. Needless to say, I've been stuffing my face ever since. I called into an OA meeting last night and just sat and listened to people sharing their stories about their compulsive overeating. I was part of OA 2 years ago but couldn't bring myself to completely believe that I have a problem with food. Well duh, this episode has shown me that I do. I'm very sad about our dog but eating nonstop isn't going to bring her back. DH and I did our groceries last night and I had to stop and catch my breath towards the end. My chest was tight and I got really scared. I need to eat better, exercise better, and learn to release my stress better. Today is a new day and all I can do is try.

Thank you everyone for sharing your successes and your struggles. I love this thread and feel so encouraged by you all. *hugs*
    Old 12-20-2010, 07:32 AM

I hope your dog comes home soon!
    Old 12-20-2010, 07:35 AM

this is such a wonderful idea. Because of illness I've gained a lot of weight but I'm ready to try to do something about it and having a quilt of my accomplishments may be what I need to tell my story and keep on track. Thank you for sharing this sweet idea