Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Fat quilts for "fluffy" people >
  • Fat quilts for "fluffy" people

• Fat quilts for "fluffy" people

Old 02-19-2011, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by zennia
    What changes/lifestyles are you all trying? I am doing low carb and so far lost 6 lbs. I am excited to get some leaves made for my tree.
    I am counting calories and exercising. So far have lost 25 pounds but have not lost since Christmas. :-(
    Old 02-19-2011, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by sewred
    I want to do this and my quilt will be huge! I have about 120-125 pounds left to lose!
    You are not the only one. Maybe one or two inch blocks?
    Old 02-19-2011, 09:27 AM

I have been reading through this thread and know it is something I have to do. It took me a few days to come up with my quilt/wallhanging(I hope) idea. I am going to make a tree quilt. I will make a big tree and sew it to a background. Every time I loose a lb. I will make a leaf for my tree. I love fall,I love making leaves and Ineed a new lease on life. I hope to have a beautiful tree with lots of leaves.
    Terrific idea!
    Old 02-19-2011, 06:38 PM

What changes/lifestyles are you all trying? I am doing low carb and so far lost 6 lbs. I am excited to get some leaves made for my tree.
    Just cut out snacking and trying to get some sort of exersize every day. Down 17 pounds since Oct 1, 13 to go. Now i just have to find time to make blocks. probably won't happen until late April but I want my quilt by summer
    Old 02-19-2011, 06:46 PM

I still eat pretty much whatever I want, just less of it. I portion my food properly, weigh it, and exercise. So far, down 50 pounds.

As for the blocks I've made: 2. :) I gotta get my butt in gear making my happy blocks. :)
    Old 02-24-2011, 08:22 PM

If I had made my quilt, I'd be having to remove some blocks. I have gained about 5 pounds due to being back on cortisone - it's an instant weight gainer fo me. I hope the weight goes off more easily this time than last.

My fabric is so gorgeous, I'd love to get started. We need to reactivate this thread to motivate each other.

I AM losing weight!!!!!!
    Old 02-25-2011, 03:49 AM

irishrose, keep trying. Medication can be a big hurddle but it just means harder more concentrated effort. with your atitude you will do it. I would also like to see more encouragment from this thread. seems we have all gotten busy with other things. I will be reading and writing morning and night although my days will be busy with work and eating right!
    Old 02-25-2011, 04:29 AM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I am guilty of not posting here but I have read all the comments when someone else does. The weigh loss isn't going to good but that's me own fault. I can't blame it on anything.
    Old 02-25-2011, 09:16 AM

Good morning everyone. Have not heard much from you. As I say that I have not been on for at least 2 weeks. I have been travleing. But am home for now.
    I am down 2 pounds!!! I have been struggling since the holidays and I gained 1.5 then lost it and then gained it back. :-( But I am now back on track and as I said down 2 from my lowest weight.
    23 more pounds to go and I am at my goal. I am doing it!!!!
    Old 02-25-2011, 10:02 AM

Your right, MaryMc. The weight gain was only 5 pounds this time with a cortisone shot, not the usual 15 from oral pred. I think it is going to come back off easily, which isn't normal for me with predisone weight.

All I basically have to do is control my night snacking. I AM doing that starting right now. My fabrics (Benartex Flower Mart II and companions) are too pretty not to be in use. I feel so much better mentally when my weight is under control.

Wish me a safe trip. I need to go to Traverse City (50 miles) for an appointment with my orthopedic surgeon. We have snow, but apparently TC is getting hit hard. I can drive in it as long as 1) visibilty isn't too limited and 2) there's no freezing rain.

I AM, I AM, I AM, not I will- that denotes future and I need to stay in the present.

We ARE!