Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Fat quilts for "fluffy" people >
  • Fat quilts for "fluffy" people

• Fat quilts for "fluffy" people

Old 05-01-2011, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose
    Hello, I joined here a long time ago, but haven't kept up. I've been busy with other quilts, so I haven't started my weight loss one. Maybe I'll take it to a guild meeting this week and cut it out there so the pieces will be ready as I lose weight. I'm the one whose pattern has 49 blocks and I didn't have 49 pounds to lose, so I'm combining inches and pounds to get to 49.

Everyday is a new day. I AM losing weight!!! Not if I had a caramel MooLatte from DQ for lunch. I guess I need to walk that one off. At least the sun is shining.
    Glad to see you back! Boy a carmell MooLatte sounds delish. I need to really get my rear in gear and walk off all the jelly beans!
    Old 05-04-2011, 08:01 AM

Hi, I have just started this venture (weight loss) a month ago. I lost a couple of lbs and then gained over Easter and this week with diligent effort, lost what I had lost and a couple extra! I know it won't always go like this, but each lb is one less to worry with. I commend each of you for your concerns and hard work at accomplishing a goal. I am making mine small measures and work my way along! Good Luck everyone.

Sharon
    Old 05-04-2011, 09:28 AM

I pulled out the fabrics for my WL quilt to take to guild tomorrow. I'm having mixed feelings about starting something else with several quilts going at once now. I am trying to convince myself this is different. It isn't supposed to be done all at once. Maybe seeing part of it on the back of the couch will motivate me to work at my weight loss so I can finish it.

I need something portable to take to the guild meeting. I don't want to haul a machine down any stairs, so cutting tools would do. I have to decide if I'm going to join. The third Thursday of the month they work on quilts for the hospital, the shelter, etc. The first Thursday, they work on their own projects. That's the one I'm not sure about. Plus, my fabric is so colorful, it may receive negative comments. I don't handle negativity well. G-r-r. Why can I make something simple so hard?

14 pounds down. My quilt has 49 blocks. I'll have to measure and see how many inches I can add tothe pounds.

Have a good day. We ARE losing weight and getting healthier.
    Old 05-04-2011, 02:00 PM

Hi guys I had forgotten about this Fluffy quilt thread. So glad I found it.I had joined many months ago but then hadn't lost so no weight loss no quilt blocks.
    Well I decided to make a GFG. It takes lots of time and all done by hand so busy hands can't put food in mouth at least thats what I'm hopping.
    It's really good to see some folks from the old weight loss thread and some new ones to. I'll have to do some catch up reading to see whats going on but will be back to check in. I'm off to cut hexies for GFG Bye for now
    Gail
    Old 05-04-2011, 03:34 PM

congratulations to those that have lost. I do not worry how much you have lost as long as you lose.
    Some weeks I only lose .2. Hey I feel as long as I don't gain I am ahead of the game.
    Old 05-04-2011, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Quilting Nana
    congratulations to those that have lost. I do not worry how much you have lost as long as you lose.
    Some weeks I only lose .2. Hey I feel as long as I don't gain I am ahead of the game.
    My thoughts too. It has taken me over a year to lose about 20 pounds so like you said as long as there is no gain.
    Old 05-05-2011, 11:17 AM

I didn't cut out my quilt. When I got out the fabric last night, two didn't look right to me, so it's back to the drawing board for different fabric. What am I going to do with a yard of Tiger Lilies if I switch? I did go to the guild. I worked on my daughter's birthday quilt.

I had an epiphany in the tub this morning. My quilt has 49 squares. I needed to lose 25 pounds. If each pound equals two blocks for me, then I'm good. So at 13 pounds, I can make 26 blocks.

If I'm getting excited about doing my own quilt, I'd better get excited about losing the weight.

I AM losing weight and getting healthier.

Right now, I'm headed for a nap. Getting up early is not for me.

Carrie, where are you? We need you, girl.
    Old 05-05-2011, 12:58 PM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I'm here! I've just been busy. I have lots to do for the Tymeless hearts carnival in June. Time is running out for me to get all the quilts done. So if you don't see me much that's why. Well now I gotta go make dinner, taco salads. Yummy!!
    Old 05-06-2011, 10:47 AM

Where is everyone? How is everything going? I lost a half pound yesterday and today I went for a walk and did 5500 steps or 2 1/2 miles, so if I can keep my head on the goal I might be able to make a GFG square.
    It's a beautiful day here so I may get another short walk in this evening well see.
    I'll check in later to see whats up.
    Gail
    Old 05-08-2011, 05:46 PM

I really want to keep this thread going. Just returned from a vacation so tomorrow will tell the tale of the scale. Let's hope it's not too bad.