Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Fat quilts for "fluffy" people >
  • Fat quilts for "fluffy" people

• Fat quilts for "fluffy" people

Old 06-07-2011, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
    It is nearly too hot to eat here. It's crazy hot.
    I have taken off 3lbs. since the first. Thats 3 of the 14 I put on.
    3 pounds!!!!
    CONGRATULATIONS
    Old 06-07-2011, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose
    Just checking in. My weight is stuck. Not gaining, but not losing either. My food is okay, my exercise is okay. My water - not okay. Do you think it really makes that much difference? I guess I could make an effort and find out. Now there's a wishy-washy sentence! All right, I will start drinking more water. Can't stop at 13 pounds off - that's only 26 quilt blocks and my pattern has 49. I'm doing two blocks for every pound.

It sounds like we all need a jumpstart. I recently told my youngest daughter about water with lemon and cucumber with some spices. She's only doing the lemon and cucumber and is dropping inches like crazy. She doesn't weigh herself, so I don't know about the pounds.

I AM losing weight and becoming healthier!!!

Carrie, we must have been posting at the same time. Three pounds is wonderful. :thumbup:
    Water with Lemon I understand but cucumber??? Do you just put a slice in or do you crush it or what?? Inquiring minds want to know. :)
    Old 06-07-2011, 07:34 AM

I got a look at myself in a fitting room mirror yesterday, YIKES! If that isn't motivation . . .
    Old 06-07-2011, 07:40 AM
    Power Poster

I would be happy to drop even .5 lb. My weight has been stuck here for a few months. No matter what I try it will not budge. Dr. told me I was not eating enough story so i eat more but nothing. I guess the good side is with eating more I have'nt gained any either. I watch my carb intake, I exercise daily,walk ride my bike, up and down stairs and this time of year lots of gardening. I guess this is where I am suppose to be. Good luck to everyone on your journey. Wish i was on one to.
    Old 06-07-2011, 07:40 AM
    Power Poster

I would be happy to drop even .5 lb. My weight has been stuck here for a few months. No matter what I try it will not budge. Dr. told me I was not eating enough story so i eat more but nothing. I guess the good side is with eating more I have'nt gained any either. I watch my carb intake, I exercise daily,walk ride my bike, up and down stairs and this time of year lots of gardening. I guess this is where I am suppose to be. Good luck to everyone on your journey. Wish i was on one to.
    Old 06-07-2011, 07:41 AM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I want to know about the cucumber too.

Lauriejo I know what you mean. I try not to look in full length mirror's. LOL!!
    Old 06-07-2011, 11:43 AM

zennia...We are all on a journey...you included. You are perhaps just stopped at a "rest area". Keep on keeping on and you will be back on the scenic route soon.

Hugs

Patti
    Old 06-07-2011, 02:43 PM

The most important thing is to not give up, and keep trying. We all slip up but let it go and get back on track. I do think drinking 8- 8oz glasses of water help me. I've been visiting family and feel like I have been gaining, because I have not been as conscientious as I would be at home even though I am trying to make good choices. Where ever you are on your journey, start back with your next meal. Don't wait for tomorrow or next week.
    Old 06-09-2011, 05:47 AM

This week has gone better to this point. Leaving today to attend an annual weekend at the in laws cabin. we can expect a lot of eating drinking and talk. We go fishing and 4 wheeling but not a lot of calorie burning activities. I used to walk but last year I got cornered by a large angry dog (thankfully my BIL heard the barking and came up on the 4 wheeler) Kinda worried about walking in the area now. I will take plenty of good water and do my best to eat healthy. We ussually have lots of veg's and fruit to munch on. of course there's also lots of sweets and chips! Be strong Mary, be strong. Good luck all. i'll check in on Monday!
    Old 06-09-2011, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by marymc
    This week has gone better to this point. Leaving today to attend an annual weekend at the in laws cabin. we can expect a lot of eating drinking and talk. We go fishing and 4 wheeling but not a lot of calorie burning activities. I used to walk but last year I got cornered by a large angry dog (thankfully my BIL heard the barking and came up on the 4 wheeler) Kinda worried about walking in the area now. I will take plenty of good water and do my best to eat healthy. We ussually have lots of veg's and fruit to munch on. of course there's also lots of sweets and chips! Be strong Mary, be strong. Good luck all. i'll check in on Monday!
    YOU CAN DO IT, YOU CAN DO IT. Have a great time.