Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Favorite thing at Harbor Freight?? >
  • Favorite thing at Harbor Freight??

• Favorite thing at Harbor Freight??

Old 11-15-2016, 03:04 PM

One item not mentioned is a package of jeweler loupe...the eyepiece that magnifies. I spilled a package of my different size sewing machine needles. My magnifying glass was no help but I pulled out one of the loupes and could easily read the size. The package had 3 or 4 with different magnifications.
    Old 11-15-2016, 03:22 PM

I used to order the blades all the time online & they worked really good. Then the last 10 packs I ordered were terrible. They wouldn't cut anything. I opened up every pack & tried each & every blade. They were all the same so I haven't bought any of them since. I must of got a bad batch or something but was afraid to try them again. We just got a new Harbor Freight in our area so I want to go check it out sometime for some of the other goodies.
    Old 11-15-2016, 07:40 PM

Wow--have the laser level/light that I use for squaring up large quilts, but had never thought to use it to throw a cut line on the batting--GREAT idea. Ditto using the magnetic strips to hold tension on quilt you are floating--does it hold it firmly enough? I usually pin--and have the t-shirts with holes to prove it!

Besides the items mentioned, I have a little air compressor for blowing out dush along the long arm track; plus you can get canned air cheaper there, and I have a folding push cart that I use all the time to lug my all the stuff that goes in and out of guild workdays
    Old 11-16-2016, 05:41 AM

I got my vacuum attachment there. It cost about $9 and it's great to help get that lint out of your sewing machine.
    It's labeled for a computer, but works great for the sewing machine. Good Luck!
    Old 11-16-2016, 05:48 AM

(Laser light! Shots a straight line.i use it to cut my batting of the roll straight.)
    Great tip Harriet C!!!
    Old 11-16-2016, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by letawellman
    If your talking about the tool cabinet, it has numerous different sized drawers, and an open area at the bottom.
    Here's the link to what I have:
    http://www.harborfreight.com/11-draw...net-67421.html

And here's a pic:
    Now you can all go tell hubby/daughter/son whoever that this is now on your Christmas list! It has TONS of space, but actually doesn't take up much space itself... and if you have certain people stealing your fabric scissors... well, this puppy LOCKS!!

GREAT idea....wish I had room for one!!!
    Old 11-16-2016, 07:15 AM

I buy white gloves with rubber dots for quilting gloves. You get like 3 sets for $1.99. ALso I purchase little led lights which I put under my plastic sew steady table. It makes a light box to copy a design pattern 3.99. I love the ratchet screw driver.
    Old 11-16-2016, 08:54 AM

They have a wonderful multi-size pack of tweezers! Also several sizes of "forceps" that are great for turning tubes, holding things steady, etc. I have a pin magnet at every station (ironing, cutting, sewing, serging) and love them. I have great luck with the blades, others hate them. I bought the lazer lite to hook up to the machine, pointing down for straight line stitching, never thought about it for batting.
    Old 11-16-2016, 10:08 AM
    mac

Originally Posted by hcarpanini
    Laser light! Shots a straight line.i use it to cut my batting of the roll straight.
    Great idea! I never thought of that.
    This has been a great thread!

Last edited by mac; 11-16-2016 at 10:20 AM.
    Old 11-16-2016, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingshorttimer
    ... Ditto using the magnetic strips to hold tension on quilt you are floating--does it hold it firmly enough? I usually pin--and have the t-shirts with holes to prove it!
    Oh yes, it holds quite well! The only time they are not as strong is when I'm using double-batting. Then that extra layer minimizes the "pull" of the magnets somewhat. But even then, they still work, just not as strongly.