Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Feedback on website please >
  • Feedback on website please

• Feedback on website please

Old 04-02-2010, 04:26 PM

That looks like a lovely store - wish I was jus a bit closer! The website is nice and clear, but like some of the others, I would like to see the title banner centered if possible. Other than that I think you did a beautiful job.
    Old 04-02-2010, 04:42 PM

I think you have done an excellent job with the website. I really like the photos and I think putting the address on the first page along with a picture of the shop is a very good idea.

I also like the way a visitor can find dircetions from their home to the shop.

The store is very attractive, with the furniture displays.
    Old 04-02-2010, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
    In yours I see the yard sale announcement and then the pin cushion announcement. Under that the welcome is all on the left with the other half of the space under the two announcement boxes is white and bare. I am just funny about placements. My mom likes to space things out having unadorned walls and things are assymetrical and I want an even placement so they are all symmetrical with no big empty walls. Just the way I am made I guess! LOL
    Okay, Rhonda---I like things balanced and even too. When I am looking at the website on my computer monitor I see the yard sale announcement, the pin cushion announcement, then under the pin cushion announcement is the welcome on the left side and a picture of the shop with the address underneath it on the right side. There is no white space on my computer!!!! This is why I did not know what you were talking about! :oops:

Hmmmm.......now I have to figure out how to make it look the same on everyone's computer. I guess I am not done with the learning part!! :-D
    Old 04-02-2010, 05:03 PM
    Power Poster

Looks very nice to me!
    Old 04-02-2010, 05:03 PM
    Power Poster

Hey Marcia....great job! Other than what everyone else already said, there are only 2 things that I wonder about.

You have some great classes listed (I wanna come to the wool one!!!) but you don't show the class area anywhere on your site that I saw.

And do you have any other "notions" other than the section above the fat quarters and any more patterns offered than the areas on either side of the cabinet?

Other than those questions...which if I lived closer I would just drive over to find out...it looks great to me! I'd love to spend several hours in wandering around...looks like you have plenty that could come home with me!
    Old 04-02-2010, 05:08 PM

Cute shop. It looks so comfortable. I would love to visit.
    Old 04-02-2010, 05:13 PM

There should be a way to center the site so it'll always be in the middle no matter the size of the monitor. Right now I have a big monitor so there is a lot of empty to the right, but if it was centered I wouldn't notice as much.

Also i would suggest making all your text black, colored text is hard on some people's eyes and I think it doesn't look as professional. (Look at big company sites, Coca-cola, nike, wal-mart ... and you will not see colored text.

Lastly i would pull the green textured background all the way through so you don't have the big white box where the majority of stuff is. It would look more unified this way.

Other than those 3 I think you did an awesome job!!! I love love love the buttons to the left and the whole layout itself is very appealing.

Cheers!
    Rachel
    Old 04-02-2010, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by CajunQuilter2
    OMG I am coming to visit!!!!! What an awesome quilt shop. I would not have any take home money if I worked there, I would spend it all in the shop. My friend lives in Acworth which is only an hour and a half away from there so I may have to go visit her and then talk her into a trip.
    I love the web site, I kinda agree that the name of the shop could be bigger and maybe add something in the blank white areas. All in all I love it, very easy to get around and very appealing. Those are some awesome pics, you did a great job on that.
    Myrna--I don't ever take home money---because I spend even more than I make!

And you don't have to stay with your friend in Acworth--you can come and stay with me!!
    Old 04-02-2010, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Dawn Hendrix
    Marcia... I am sooo jealous... it looks GREAT to bad I don't live there anymore! Hope all is well with you and your family!
    Thanks, Dawn--we are all fine here. I miss you!
    Old 04-02-2010, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
    Hey Marcia....great job! Other than what everyone else already said, there are only 2 things that I wonder about.

You have some great classes listed (I wanna come to the wool one!!!) but you don't show the class area anywhere on your site that I saw.

And do you have any other "notions" other than the section above the fat quarters and any more patterns offered than the areas on either side of the cabinet?

Other than those questions...which if I lived closer I would just drive over to find out...it looks great to me! I'd love to spend several hours in wandering around...looks like you have plenty that could come home with me!
    Thanks, Patti. I do not have a pic of the classroom yet because the day I took pics around the shop it was a wreck! We just moved to this location in January and that was the last room to fix up. I am going to add a pic of it later.

Our customers have never been interested in lots of notions, so we don't carry many. And yes, we have more patterns--we have recently gotten a lot more in. I need to take another photo of the pattern area. We also have patterns scattered through the shop, near fabrics and projects.

I would love to have you come for the wool class! Wish you were closer.