Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Feedback on website please >
  • Feedback on website please

• Feedback on website please

Old 04-02-2010, 05:42 PM

Your website is very inviting! I like all the photos you have added. They really say it all about your shop! Nice place. Wish I could visit too!
    Old 04-02-2010, 05:42 PM
    Power Poster

I think you did a great job on the web page. It is very inviting. Makes me want to stay and look around. Great job.
    Old 04-02-2010, 05:49 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Marcia
    Originally Posted by Rhonda
    In yours I see the yard sale announcement and then the pin cushion announcement. Under that the welcome is all on the left with the other half of the space under the two announcement boxes is white and bare. I am just funny about placements. My mom likes to space things out having unadorned walls and things are assymetrical and I want an even placement so they are all symmetrical with no big empty walls. Just the way I am made I guess! LOL
    Okay, Rhonda---I like things balanced and even too. When I am looking at the website on my computer monitor I see the yard sale announcement, the pin cushion announcement, then under the pin cushion announcement is the welcome on the left side and a picture of the shop with the address underneath it on the right side. There is no white space on my computer!!!! This is why I did not know what you were talking about! :oops:

Hmmmm.......now I have to figure out how to make it look the same on everyone's computer. I guess I am not done with the learning part!! :-D
    It should look the same. But I am no techie! I liked the suggestion that you extend the fabric background in place of the white background. If you have that option that would maybe even things out. I see the picture too on the right but the words are only under half of the colored box.

I did my first site on Prostores and it had boxes in the template that would't let me put things where I wanted so I do understand your limitations. I repeat you are doing a fantastic job so don't let any little things rattle you. They will work out in time if they are important enough or maybe they are just small enough to not be worth worrying about.

You will learn more as you go along and will be able to make changes later on too.
    Old 04-02-2010, 05:55 PM

Website looks great. Realy like the black framed home, shop etc signs . so easy to get around. Like the "clean" look. I've been to other sites that drive mye crazy as I spend time trying to figure out how to get from A to B as the site is so "cluttered. Iam assuming you don't ship to Canada!??
    Old 04-02-2010, 06:00 PM

Very nice job. I would like to visit to someday.
    Old 04-02-2010, 06:03 PM
    Power Poster

Ok this crossed my mind while ago but I didn't really give it much thought. What looks like happened is when you added your store pictures under the pin cushion sign under your text they are wider than your pin cushion sign so when it published it pushed the right side over a bit so everything that you see on the right under your signs is now to the right of those signs instead of under them. there is now a white half on the right under the signs. In your version you probably don't see this. Have you looked at the site outside of your admin area? Go to your browser and put in the address and go to the site(not your admin site) that way and see if you will see what I am seeing.
    The screen is pushed out on the right so I have to scroll right to see all of the page.

If you want to fix it (and it isn't necessary to fix it) you can make your store pictures alittle smaller and they won't push the right hand stuff over. This is all about what you want it to look like. So only do it if you think you want it that way. It is ok the way it is. It is a personal choice!

This is really not that big of a deal. It is fine just the way it is!!! I was just pointing it out because I noticed it. It really is not a problem just an observation.

Please feel free to ignore me!! LOL LOL LOL
    Old 04-02-2010, 06:28 PM

I think the site is very nice and would love to come to the shop. I agree with the comments about the name of the shop. You almost look right past it.
    Old 04-02-2010, 07:08 PM

Looks really good to me. Where's Jackson? I'm in Winston, but I see we have the same area code. (Yes, I could look at the map if I wasn't so lazy.) Douglas County does NOT have a LQS, sadly.
    Old 04-02-2010, 07:14 PM

I really like the website. This shop looks fantastic! I like the map feature, I'm sorry you are so far away from me. I love the classes and class schedule, makes me want to come once a month for the CW stars class!

Great job~!

MJ
    Old 04-03-2010, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
    Ooooh, I wanna come visit!! About the only thing I would change is your logo -- the name of the shop is too small....You did a great job! :thumbup:
    I agree. I found the site attractive and easily navigated but the oversized buttons and bows are overwhelming the name of your business. I'd definitely make it bigger and bolder.