Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Feedback on website please >
  • Feedback on website please

• Feedback on website please

Old 04-03-2010, 05:10 AM

website was easy to navigate. yes i agree with the others that the name of the shop needs to be bolder kinda blends in with page.
    why don't you guys do business online also??? lots of people from out of your area would shop the website i am sure! and you know we'd(your board friends)would shop there also. so, looks like you need a fabric button and a pattern button so we can look and shop!!
    Old 04-03-2010, 05:16 AM

I agree with Rhonda, in re to the white space. I have a 17" monitor and I have 3" of white to the right of yard, pin cushion posts. Then below there's the wording with 3" of white before you see the house and dolls. I need to scroll my screen to the right to see the rest of the page.

Personally, I like to open a page and see all the info w/o scrolling. Does this make sense? I think once the space issue is rectified a better sense of the page will appear.

I was just wondering, I know in the past when I worked with Quark that a lot was done in text boxes. Are you working with text boxes? If so, maybe adjusting the width of the boxes will help make things tighter?

Good Luck!!!! It does look wonderful, and koodos to you for attempting this!! Remember this is very friendly help!!
    Old 04-03-2010, 05:19 AM

What a nice store and the photos are staged great. I love the decor too.
    Old 04-03-2010, 05:20 AM

Very nice web site! Too bad we aren't closer - I for one would definitely "move in" to your inviting shop! Good Job!
    Old 04-03-2010, 07:15 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by sewcrafty
    I agree with Rhonda, in re to the white space. I have a 17" monitor and I have 3" of white to the right of yard, pin cushion posts. Then below there's the wording with 3" of white before you see the house and dolls. I need to scroll my screen to the right to see the rest of the page.

Personally, I like to open a page and see all the info w/o scrolling. Does this make sense? I think once the space issue is rectified a better sense of the page will appear.

I was just wondering, I know in the past when I worked with Quark that a lot was done in text boxes. Are you working with text boxes? If so, maybe adjusting the width of the boxes will help make things tighter?

Good Luck!!!! It does look wonderful, and koodos to you for attempting this!! Remember this is very friendly help!!
    I had forgotten the adjusting the width of the box. I do remember having to do that. I also deleted space in some of the boxes on the sides so they were smaller which also moved the box I was working in to where I wanted. I got a bit aggravated with those boxes sometimes! LOL
    The sites I have now don't have boxes and I can place things where I want with no problems.

Good suggestion sewcrafty.

Hope some of this helps and works for you Marcia!
    Old 04-03-2010, 07:28 AM

Great website Marcia, and the shop is soooo inviting - please come and open a French branch!!! You would be trampled in the rush....
    Old 04-03-2010, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Gennynut
    Website looks great. Realy like the black framed home, shop etc signs . so easy to get around. Like the "clean" look. I've been to other sites that drive mye crazy as I spend time trying to figure out how to get from A to B as the site is so "cluttered. Iam assuming you don't ship to Canada!??
    Thank you, Gennynut, for your sweet comments. At the current time, we do not sell online (and I am not sure we ever will), but if there is something that you wanted and you called or sent an email and we have it, we would be more than happy to ship it to Canada to you :)
    Old 04-03-2010, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by weezie
    Looks really good to me. Where's Jackson? I'm in Winston, but I see we have the same area code. (Yes, I could look at the map if I wasn't so lazy.) Douglas County does NOT have a LQS, sadly.
    Weezie--Jackson is south of Atlanta, off of I-75. It would probably be an hour drive for you. Come on down!! I only work on Wednesdays. I will give you specific directions if you need them. :)
    Old 04-03-2010, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by montanaquilter
    website was easy to navigate. yes i agree with the others that the name of the shop needs to be bolder kinda blends in with page.
    why don't you guys do business online also??? lots of people from out of your area would shop the website i am sure! and you know we'd(your board friends)would shop there also. so, looks like you need a fabric button and a pattern button so we can look and shop!!
    Thanks! We have not gotten to the online stage yet. Not too sure if or when that will ever be.
    Old 04-03-2010, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
    Originally Posted by sewcrafty

I had forgotten the adjusting the width of the box. I do remember having to do that. I also deleted space in some of the boxes on the sides so they were smaller which also moved the box I was working in to where I wanted. I got a bit aggravated with those boxes sometimes! LOL
    The sites I have now don't have boxes and I can place things where I want with no problems.

Good suggestion sewcrafty.

Hope some of this helps and works for you Marcia!
    Rhonda and Sewcrafty--I hear you both. I hate it when I have to scroll back and forth because the whole screen does not show on my computer. I did not realize it was that way on your monitor. I asked my son-in-law (the IT man) why it is that way on your monitor and not mine and he said it had to do with the screen resolution (huh?)

I want to thank you all for your great feedback. I am going to make the name of the shop bigger in the title banner and I am going to continue to try to get the site to line up right. It is really difficult, because I am working with a predetermined template and I do not have a lot of leeway.

Please be patient with me everyone!! I am a very part time employee at this shop who is doing this out of the goodness of her heart. The scary part is the fact that I am more computer savvy than anyone else who works there!! :shock: When I told my kids I was designing a web site for the quilt shop all 4 of them laughed hysterically!!! Does that give you any idea where I am coming from??? :-D