Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Feel my pain >
  • Feel my pain

• Feel my pain

Old 04-27-2011, 06:04 AM
    Power Poster

I'm sure your GD feels bad, too, but I bet she's happy she didn't do it! This was a great learning experience for her! And you too!
    Your stain WILL come out!
    Old 04-27-2011, 06:29 AM

Get some Oxyclean quick!

Originally Posted by sassey
    I posted a few months ago about finally bonding with my step gd over quilting. We now spend anywhere from 2-6 hours a day together quilting or doing some kind of craft and yes it has been very rewarding.
    After our first quilting project we decided to clean and organize our quilting room, We acually spent about 2 weeks going through our stash. organnizing and cleaning I have always had a unspoken rule no uncovered liquids in sewing room well yesterday I was drinking my morning coffee and for some reason wemt into sewing room and set my coffee down on sewing table. Later as I was sewing I knocked over the cup of coffee sending spilled coffee all over, most of it landing on 3 wips . Can you feel my pain?
    Old 04-27-2011, 06:30 AM

I have never done that in my sewing room but I did turn a cup of coffee over at my keyboard. Needless to say I bought a new keyboard and I foolishly still drink coffee at the computer like right now. lol
    Old 04-27-2011, 06:54 AM

God bless you! I know those WIPs are usually in different stages of piecing, so you may have to finish them before you can treat the stain. So sorry to hear this. Have learned from you today!
    Old 04-27-2011, 07:04 AM

GrandmaLehr - thanks for the heads up on the cup at JoAnn's. I'll look into that.
    Old 04-27-2011, 07:07 AM

Sassy - glad to hear things are going well with your sgd, but am sorry to hear about the spill. I probably should heed that
    'warning" as I usually have coffee near my sewing area. OOPS, not anymore.
    Old 04-27-2011, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by mardilee
    Sorry about your mishap. Don't forget to apologize to your step-daughter for breaking the sewing room rule:-) All too often we jump on a youngster when they break a rule and have an accident. If you show her you can make mistakes too and apologize, she will learn not to get mad when someone else makes a mistake.
    This would also be a good bonding lesson with your GD. Taking the blame will help her in life.
    Old 04-27-2011, 07:44 AM

I'll bet there was five times more coffee on the floor than was in the cup too!
    Old 04-27-2011, 08:19 AM

My rule is that only clear liquids are allowed in my quilt studio....I am the biggest klutze and will surely knock over whatever glass I walk in with.
    Old 04-27-2011, 08:26 AM

Hopefully, this story will make you feel better:

The dogs that I have, basenjis, are not as domesticated as most breeds, amd over the years I've seen that they tend to potty in places they are normally not allowed to be in. So I was working on my husband's grandma's maple leaf (over 40 year old WIP) and I smelled smething, my pants legs got a little damp. Yep, someone peed on my WIP!
    I didn't have but a foot of Big Stitching to do, and then the binding, so I did the hand stitching, and threw the whoe thing in the wash.
    I really didn't know how it would turn out, did they even prewash fabric when this was cut out 40 years ago?
    I was so plaesed and so surprised, it came out beautifully. It had that old quilt, washed crinkleness, which only adds to it's charms

I honestly thought giving the dogs access to my sewing room would make them not seem so forbidden, but now it is, forbidden. At least for a day LOL

After that, I don't worry about my coffee, but I know, an accident's going to happen