Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Feel my pain >
  • Feel my pain

• Feel my pain

Old 04-27-2011, 08:59 AM

Been there black coffee comes out with Shout and cold water if you use powder creamers or milk it may take a few Shout washings DO NOT put in dryer until stains are completely out.
    Old 04-27-2011, 11:49 AM

I need some of those cups with lids too! I walked by them last week. Hope they still have some when I get my next Joanne's coupons. Usually I drink water. I've spilled some mystery stuff though. Why does the dark spill always seem to get on the light fabric?
    Old 04-27-2011, 12:50 PM

benn there, done that too! on 50 charms of 30's repo fabrics..! yikees! i had to hand wash/soak them..then i pressed them dry. now my cups have spill proof lids!
    Old 04-27-2011, 09:13 PM

I have a steadfast rule, no beverages by the sewing machine area and the computer. I have seen many computers ruined in an office setting by spillage. cmaras
    Old 04-27-2011, 09:13 PM

I have a steadfast rule, no beverages by the sewing machine area and the computer. I have seen many computers ruined in an office setting by spillage. cmaras
    Old 04-27-2011, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
    Were you able to hide the evidence? Can you blame it on the cat? My cat takes blame for a lot of things that happen by accident, and she doesn't tell on me either.
    I feel your pain but this reply made me laugh.
    Old 04-28-2011, 08:03 AM

Sassy one time in the heat of the summer my mother and I were walking the square in Georgetown, TX. We took a coffee break. I was just home from a week's vacation in cool Vail Co so I was wearing a beautiful white tee from there with gorgeous lime green and golden aspens in the front. Well I had a bigtime coffee spill accident and it rolled all down the front of my shirt. I immediately RAN to the Ladies room and just grabbed and soaked paper towels, and the part of the tee the fit down in the sink I drowned with water, soap and washed it out. To my amazement it all came out with no tell tale stains left. So my lesson learned was that if you go wash it out immediately before it has time to soak, you are ok.

The best of the story is that it was one of those scorching 100+ degrees days and that wet shirt felt so good outside!!
    Old 04-28-2011, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by JulieR
    Oooh, I can. My stomach clenched when I read that! I'm sorry, but how awesome that you are connecting with your SGD!
    Sippy cup for you, my dear!!

Liddle story about Me:
    1 week ago lunch time in a faraway city: New white shirt + yummy pastrami sandwich = mustard stains!!
    5 p.m. arrival at home: Grandma's Spot Remover dabbed on the spots + Shout Advanced for set-in stains + cool water wash =No More Stains!

I've coffee-dyed fabric before myself, and actually on purpose LOL! The label was far too light for the backing on a quilt and stood out like a beacon. So I used coffee as its less destructive to fabric over time than tea-dying, so I've heard. It works on some fabrics better than others, and the fabric should be washed to remove the sizing first. Depending on how long you leave it in, you'll get some sepia-toned or all the way to brown. Many of the Thimbleberries fabrics look like they have been dunked, don't you think?
    Old 04-28-2011, 04:13 PM

Oh man been there done that. Hope you were able to get that coffee out. how old is your grand daughter?
    Old 05-28-2011, 01:01 PM

That happened to our quilting group. We always quilted during the jam session in the park and were served coffee and cookies. We were quilting on an all white quilt. You never seen 10 women jump so fast. This was a raffle quilt. Somehow we got the stain out. After that, no coffee