Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • feeling guilty >
  • feeling guilty

• feeling guilty

Old 01-25-2011, 06:29 AM

You might not 'get over' feeling guilty; it might be part of your personality. I, however, never feel guilty and I have several tops stored away (temporarily) and am working on 5 other different kinds of quilt projects. If I get bored, I like to be able to switch from one type of project to another. I know I always finish what I start, so the amount of WIPs doesn't bother me.
    Old 01-25-2011, 06:54 AM

Quilting is lot like eating, you finish a meal and then look forward to the next one. You always have something to do if you don't finish everything right away. I look at UFO's as old friends, I pick them up, work on them awhile and look for the next one, never get bored that way.
    UFO could mean Unseen Friends On the horizon.

Carol J.
    Old 01-25-2011, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by amma
    I know that I will eventually get them out and finish them. If a project frustrates me, or if I am unsure of what to do next with it, I would rather let it sit for a while than hurry through it and be unhappy with the end result :D:D:D
    This is what happened to me with placemats. I completed 4, had fabricl for 6! Put it aside and finally returned and completed 1 more and was very unhappy with that one. Probably will save the other fabric for stash!
    Old 01-25-2011, 07:07 AM

don't start another one until you finish the one you started lol
    Old 01-25-2011, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by isnthatodd
    I know I will eventually get back to them, or if I come across one and wonder "what was I thinking?" I can find a good home for them. I generally am working on about 4 or 5 projects at a time.
    This is a low number for projects I'm working on. If you have a problem with the project, set it aside and think about later. When you do get to feeling really really guilty use this as a motivator, set a goal that you can't buy more fabric (ooo) until you finish x number of unfinished projects or find a way to get it off your mind and out of your house.
    Old 01-25-2011, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by SuzanneG
    Actually, I don't feel guilty at all about my UFO's. They've saved me a time or two. My daughter's school just hosted a fundraising dance. Weeks ago I was asked to donate a quilt for one of the door prizes. I forgot to put in on my calendar and with less than a week before the dance my daughter asked how the quilt was coming along. It would have been panic time if I hadn't had a few UFO's sitting in my quilt room. I just went, chose a nice unfinished top and set to quilting it. So I see them as future opportunities to get me out of hot water! :mrgreen:
    Great idea.
    Old 01-25-2011, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by Kappy
    Originally Posted by davidwent
    As some of you already know I am a very newbie. Maybe 3 months since I started. I already have 4 wip's or ufo's however we want to call them.
    I know we all do it, but... How do you get over the guilty feeling of projects going unfinished?? LOL
    David
    Is it considered a UFO if you've only bought the pattern and fabric and it's sitting in your sewing room waiting for you and waiting for you and waiting for you! And lets just say, it has company, lots of company! LOL Learn to live with the guilt! Then go buy more fabric.!
    amen
    Old 01-25-2011, 07:21 AM

Take a deep breath and relax! This is supposed to be fun. Work on something fun for a bit then maybe a little on the UFO's. They'll get done sometime. My OFO's go in clear plastic tubs with the fab and the pattern that way I can work on the project a little or a lot depending on how I feel that day.
    Old 01-25-2011, 07:34 AM
    Banned

David: In the morning when you get organized to quilt....just say "eeny, meeny, mighty, mo" pick up a UFO and go sew.
    Old 01-25-2011, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by davidwent
    I know we all do it, but... How do you get over the guilty feeling of projects going unfinished?? LOL
    David
    Easy I buy more fabric and start another project.