Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Feeling left out. >
  • Feeling left out.

• Feeling left out.

Old 04-29-2010, 05:58 AM
    Power Poster

Aw...sorry you were treated like that! I am glad I read this, been wanting to find a group, because I really dont have any quilter friends nearby...think I will just skip it, LOL! Sounds like it just depends on the group, huh?
    Old 04-29-2010, 06:02 AM
    Pam

Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
    Aw...sorry you were treated like that! I am glad I read this, been wanting to find a group, because I really dont have any quilter friends nearby...think I will just skip it, LOL! Sounds like it just depends on the group, huh?
    It sure does depend on the group, give yours a try! I just love the show and tell part of the meetings, every month is like a mini quilt show. It is worth all of the drama just for that.
    Old 04-29-2010, 06:08 AM

People who dominate like this are very insecure underneath so they bully others to make themselves feel good. It really gets my goat when people treat people bad. I have a very sharp witt and make people acountable for there actions in this kind of situation but that is me. I am so sorry you had to be treated this way. You have all of us here at this quilt board of very fun happy quilters!
    Old 04-29-2010, 06:11 AM
    Power Poster

Pam, maybe that would be worth the drama. LOL, people always say how I am a people person, bla bla, and as a waitress, bartender, I really have to be, but SOMETIMES id really like to tell a few people off like a few of you do!!!! Satisfy a mean steak, LOL!
    Old 04-29-2010, 06:16 AM

I have not joined the guild here as of yet. For some of the same reasons you have mentioned. I belonged to a really large guild in No. California, it got very clickish.
    Old 04-29-2010, 06:16 AM
    Pam

Carrie, got one of those streaks of my own, in case you could not tell. ;-)
    Old 04-29-2010, 06:17 AM

I've not joined a guild yet...have thought about it, and there is one that meets on my day off, but it meets at night so William would have to drive me...I have some vision problems that keep me from driving at night...so I haven't done anything about that. I do know a few of the ladies, and I can't imagine that they would treat me like that, but if anyone did...well...if I were you, I'd go to the next meeting, and I'd speak up in front of the whole group...."The last time I was here, this is what happened...does anyone want to tell me why I've become unacceptable?" Dump it in their laps, but be prepared to hear some nasty comments....altho in my experience, there won't be any. They'd be horrified that they were "outted" to the entire group.

~HUG~ I'm sorry that this happened to you!! You can come sew with me ANYTIME!!
    Old 04-29-2010, 06:19 AM
    Banned

Is there no one in the guild that you can hang with? Someone who does not criticize what you have done or working on. Try to think of some come back when hateful folk say hurtful things to you. Look for someone with whom you can socialize and stay out of the way of the others. This might be hard to do but there must be some good in being part of your guild.
    Old 04-29-2010, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
    I hope hearing about one bad experience won't stop you from joining a group. There have always been rude people in all walks of life (and there always will be), but there are also friendly, welcoming people. Why not give your local group a try - you don't have to go back, if you don't like it. You might have fun.

:D
    Old 04-29-2010, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt4u
    MI was feeling left out at my guild. I use to love to go . And loved to join in the charities they did . And the trips they took I just loved to go on . And then some one came up to me and said you made that. it seemed I had been blacked balled for some reason. No one was sitting with me and when I changed my table I was asked to move. Made me take a good look at the guild it self. I never went back the next year. To many were quilt ploice or were just to rude. and many made you feel not wanted. When I firt joined it was not that way. I guss to many people now.
    I'm sorry to hear that you were treated that way. If there are other guilds in your area, why not try one of them? There really are a lot of great guilds, but you might need to try more than one to find a group that you want to join.