Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Find anything good at Joann's Labor Day sale?? >
  • Find anything good at Joann's Labor Day sale??

• Find anything good at Joann's Labor Day sale??

Old 09-04-2011, 06:14 AM

I don't know about all Joann's but mine carries a magazine called Fabric Fusion. It costs 2-3 dollars, but has 6 coupons on it. 2 50% off and 4 40% off and they are good through Mid January. Depending on what you are buying, they are well worth the price. You have to ask for them as you check out. Check it out!!!
    Old 09-04-2011, 06:17 AM

I didn't need anything (G A S P ) but took a friend who is new to quilting. She bought a new cutting mat, ruler and rotary cutter, thread, new scissors, heat -n- bond and fabric for a wall hanging she has been wanting to do. Coupons and discount card saved her over $25....and we started her wall hanging when we got back home. She let me know later in the evening that she finished all 9 blocks....applique' if I might add. Another one hooked!!!
    Old 09-04-2011, 06:22 AM

I may go tomorrow after work to get some green fat quarters for my GFG quilt. Mostly because I'm down that way, I got pair Friday, and the thrift store (where I work) is closing early for labor day. I hope there's some left, but who knows, I may pick up something else while I'm there
    Old 09-04-2011, 06:25 AM

Love the flying geese ruler. I got a Fons and Porter one. I too have not found any fabric at joanne's for a while. I get most of my fabric on line now.
    Old 09-04-2011, 06:48 AM

I bought a lot of flannel at 50% off-hard to do when it's 95 out but I will be glad when winter comes :). I also found some nice quilting fabric in the red tag section and bought LOTS of batik FQ for the international fabric swap. I was thinking about the swivel cutting mat but decided against it. I wanted to buy some rotary blades but can never remember what size my cutter is when I'm at the store :) need to be more organized when I go shopping!!!
    Old 09-04-2011, 06:52 AM

I made quilts for my brother and sisters last Christmas, and kept enough of the material to make matching pillow and pillowcases, so I bought two of their 5 pound boxes of stuffing for 40% off plus my 15% teacher discount. If any of you are teachers, register for the 15% discount card. It counts on top of everything else. All you need is your ID.
    Old 09-04-2011, 06:53 AM

I got two bolts of Kona cotton -- one black and one white -- that I use as backgrounds for the charity kids quilts I've been making (working on a D9P today), so lime green for an accent flange, and 4 really good stripes from the red tag area to use as bindings. Don't know why, but I really like to see stripes on a binding. The extra 10% off was nice. With my other coupons, I spent less than $50. Which is a good thing, because I over did it just a little at the anniversary sale of my new favorite LQS...they had FQs for $1.25 a piece, and yardage of sale items at 30% off. Let's just say I used my fun money budget for the next two months!!
    Old 09-04-2011, 06:57 AM

I am going to get 1/4 yards of pink, blue, green, yellow and orange for a special quilt project since I am a scrappy person. I might even buy that flying geese ruler.
    IdahoSandy
    Old 09-04-2011, 07:06 AM

Had fat quarter bundles for 4.99. I found some really pretty fall fabric.
    Old 09-04-2011, 07:09 AM

Went yesterday and got several notions and a 2 1/2 binding ruler. I am new to this quilting so I need ALOT of stuff. I try to get one 1 or 2 things with each new mailer. Love those coupons. Only way I can afford to do it. Happy Shopping!!