Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Flip Flop Block quilt border question >
  • Flip Flop Block quilt border question

• Flip Flop Block quilt border question

Old 08-04-2009, 04:44 AM

I bought the Flip Flop block template from waterfall quilts and I'm curious if anyone has made this before - how do you make the border with all those wiggly lines?
    [/url]http://www.waterfallquilts.com/patterns.htm[url]

I'm thinking of purchasing the S curve template and the kaleidescope quilt pattern in the very near future as well but I didn't purchase a pattern for the flip flop block. I'm sure there is a quick and easy answer about how to make the border match up to the curvy sides... :)

I am trying to remember where I bought my template from - they had free shipping and the block itself was a little cheaper. I may never remember where I got that flip flop block from sigh. I can't find it online and I didn't save the envelop it was shipped in :(
    Old 08-04-2009, 08:56 AM
    Power Poster

I think you have a couple of options.

One would be to just cut pieces out of your border fabric, sew them on both ends of every line and strip-piece into the top and bottom rows, then cut them off in a straight line on each side.

Another option would be to cut wide borders as usual, then applique the wiggles to the border fabric.
    Old 08-04-2009, 12:18 PM

I found the website I ordered the block from - finally!! It was LDS fabrics - although they are not offering the free shipping any more unless you actually purchase a paper pattern - which is the same deal directly through Waterfall Quilts...

And oddly enough I just found out that Kathie Alyce will be at a class about an hour away from me this Saturday!! I just called to see if there is room in the class still.... one can only hope, aye? We'll see. If there is I might go. I called and left a message. I'm crossing my fingers. I have not taken a quilt class - ever - so it would be fun to learn how to use my cool template directly from the creator.

We'll see...!!
    Oh and the S curve template also makes up for a really cool kaleidescope quilt - a little bit of a twist on that idea.
    Old 10-10-2010, 12:51 AM

On Quilters TV, Kathie Alyce has two videos using the Flip Flop Template, Nos. 47 and 56 under the Daily Lineup. I think it is the second video that shows you how to do the borders. I have watched these videos over and over.
    Old 03-03-2011, 06:54 PM

I found the s curve template on ecrater for $11.95, but haven't been able to find any patterns for it - any help?

http://snowflakememories.ecrater.com...ywords=s+curve :P :P
    Old 03-04-2011, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Yarn or Fabric
    I found the website I ordered the block from - finally!! It was LDS fabrics - although they are not offering the free shipping any more unless you actually purchase a paper pattern - which is the same deal directly through Waterfall Quilts...

And oddly enough I just found out that Kathie Alyce will be at a class about an hour away from me this Saturday!! I just called to see if there is room in the class still.... one can only hope, aye? We'll see. If there is I might go. I called and left a message. I'm crossing my fingers. I have not taken a quilt class - ever - so it would be fun to learn how to use my cool template directly from the creator.

We'll see...!!
    Oh and the S curve template also makes up for a really cool kaleidescope quilt - a little bit of a twist on that idea.
    I hope you get to take the class. The original designer ususally has lots of tips and hopefully some laughs.