Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Flying takes longer to Paducah? >
  • Flying takes longer to Paducah?

• Flying takes longer to Paducah?

Old 04-11-2010, 06:17 PM

If you fly you have to rent a car when you get there anyway. I'm going by charter bus just for one day. $79 includes the bus, door prizes, snacks, and the ticket into the Convention Center show. PLUS, the bus lets us out and picks us up right at the door to the show. Then we can take the shuttles everywhere else.
    If you've never been there before, a sandwich and small drink will run you about $10 but the shuttles are free. There's a great but pricey seafood restaurant just SE of the museum, the painted flood wall (SE of the museum) is worth seeing and the whole show is fantastic.
    Also, go online to Quilt In A Day and print off your 30% off coupon. It's good at Eleanor Burn's tent, store, or barn by the tent in Carson Park.
    Old 04-12-2010, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by raptureready
    If you fly you have to rent a car when you get there anyway. I'm going by charter bus just for one day. $79 includes the bus, door prizes, snacks, and the ticket into the Convention Center show. PLUS, the bus lets us out and picks us up right at the door to the show. Then we can take the shuttles everywhere else.
    If you've never been there before, a sandwich and small drink will run you about $10 but the shuttles are free. There's a great but pricey seafood restaurant just SE of the museum, the painted flood wall (SE of the museum) is worth seeing and the whole show is fantastic.
    Also, go online to Quilt In A Day and print off your 30% off coupon. It's good at Eleanor Burn's tent, store, or barn by the tent in Carson Park.
    I'm not sure I'm going yet...I'm just toying with the idea. My work schedule changes constantly so I may have to work that weekend. But thanks for the QIAD coupon idea. I wouldn't have thought to look on her site.
    If the show were held in the summer months I'd have a better chance of being able to go. :| But the spring months are extra busy at work.
    Old 04-12-2010, 01:29 AM

If you mapquest from Los Angeles to Hawaii... it gives you directions to the coast and then says to "kayak across the pacific ocean." Uhhhh... I think flying might be quicker in that case LOL!
    Old 04-12-2010, 02:02 AM

Paducah is one of the best known AQSs but I think they have them several times a year in several places throughout the country. Check their website and see if there's one in the summer months somewhere close to you.
    Old 04-12-2010, 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by raptureready
    Stop it, stop it!! No more scintillating details. I'm jealous already :mrgreen:
    Old 04-12-2010, 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by fabric-holic
    For laughs I went to Cheapfares and put in info to fly from here to Paducah.
    To drive from my place is approx 6 - 7 hours.
    To fly (are you ready for this?) takes 8 !!
    What a laugh.
    Who'd want to fly if driving is quicker (and cheaper)?
    You'll also need your car to pack those wonderful things you buy...
    Old 04-12-2010, 02:56 AM

I just live about 4-5 hours away. Hopefully when my DD gets older I'll be able to go for the whole time or at least two of the days.
    Old 04-12-2010, 04:55 AM

there is an aqs show in knoxville, Tn July 14-17
    Old 04-12-2010, 05:44 AM

Knoxville is beautiful country--I used to live down there.
    Old 04-12-2010, 07:06 AM
    Power Poster

Drive. I read recently that some airline has started charging to go to the bathroom. I may never fly again!!