FMQ

Old 09-26-2011, 08:56 AM

Sometimes spray starch on the quilt back helps things to slide along easier.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:03 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
Rather than rolling the quilt, try 'nesting' or gathering it, with only the square foot or so that you are working on flat. I would also just practice with the machine off, foot up, feed dogs down. Just try moving the quilt around without sewing. You should come up with a technique that works for you.

I agree with puddling the quilt rather than rolling it. Be sure none of the quilt is hanging off the table.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by jean knapp
I have a sewing table one thatlifts the machine up and down. Yes I am using gloves, no nothing is draging even have those clips to roll the quilt, andmy feed dogs are down I have a brother innovis 4000D. I once tried that sheet they sell and sewed it to the back of my quilt I am beginning to think its me.
Have you tried adjusting the presser foot height, and the presser foot pressure on your LCD screen. Believe me this really does make a difference in how your quilt moves on the brother's and babylock's. Play around with your settings, maybe lighten your pressure and raise your presser foot height a little. Don't forget to breath, maybe you are just concentrating to hard
Old 09-26-2011, 04:30 PM
Power Poster

are you using a darning foot with a spring on the shaft??
feed dogs down (although i took a class and we left ours up) and zero stitch length(although i never change mine).

i used the supreme slider but finally took it off. my quilt kept getting caught on the corner of it and that drove me nuts.
Old 09-26-2011, 05:51 PM

If it's hanging off the table, or on your lap, or hanging off the back of a chair because you don't have enough room on your table, that could create drag and be your problem. If you have room, put tables around your table so most of the quilt can be on a table and that should help. Also, using the vinyl one of the other gals suggested will help a lot as well.