Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Fon's and Porter Magazine >
  • Fon's and Porter Magazine

• Fon's and Porter Magazine

Old 08-07-2011, 01:34 AM

I ordered the same magazine about 6 weeks ago, still have not gotten a magazine, two bills, but paid for it as soon as I ordered it.
    Old 08-07-2011, 03:47 AM

It is not just Fons and Porter, it is all magazines. It takes up to 6-8 weeks for most subscriptions to start. Why?? Don't know the answer to that one!
    Old 08-07-2011, 03:56 AM

Outsourcing?
    Old 08-07-2011, 04:04 AM

They're not the only magazine that does this, unfortunately. I had the same thing with Taste of Home and with Reader's Digest, where they sent a renewal notice as soon as I subscribed. You're right, it is annoying. What you always have to do is look carefully at the renewal notice for your end date. It should be on there somewhere.
    Old 08-07-2011, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by virtualbernie
    Originally Posted by Charming
    I know when i first started subscribing to all these magazines i got frustrated because i waited to about 2 months to get the first issue and they keep sending renewals before you are even half way with your membership. It is so annoying to me
    I agree!
    Me, too. Will definitely make me re-think which ones to continue on with....
    Old 08-08-2011, 05:03 AM

Well, I paid when I ordered and am wanting to buy the new issue, but would be pretty upset if that ends up being my first issue. Oh well, maybe once this is over and I renew again I won't miss any issues. Grrrrrr, I guess I am overly anxious.

Thanks for letting me know it isn't lost issues in the mail just poor management.
    Old 08-08-2011, 05:11 AM

I had a lot of problems with Quilter's Home magazine. Got several nasty letters saying I had not paid. I finally sent them a copy of the cancelled check and wrote them to request a refund. I did not get the money back, but they did send the magazine. I was not at all satisfied and was sorry I had even subscribed.
    Old 08-08-2011, 05:19 AM

I gave up all my subscriptions. I kind of went overboard and probably hand most every one printed! It got quite costly considering there was a point when most of them were advertisements or new age information than didn't interest me. I go thru them to see if there is something I need in it and buy it at the store
    Old 08-08-2011, 05:41 AM
    Power Poster

I need to contact F & P- I finally got a subscription, paid for it, and didn't get my free gifts.
    Old 08-08-2011, 06:21 AM

I don't subscribe to any magazines any more and just pick them up at the magazine stands if there is something that catches my eye. Some how last year I was looking at a website for quilting but didn't subscribe to anything. Shortly after I got this booklit of patterns and notions etc from that site in the mail and they sent me a bill for it of $10.00 just by going on there website and looking. I contacted them about it but they kept sending me a bill with interest and I wasn't buying anything from them or subscribing anything! Then they started threatening to take me to court. I finely got tired of the threats and contacted them notifying them I was going to report them to the BBB and finely ended the issue.